ER8411 V1 firmware 1.1.0 update feedback

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-12 16:50:30 - last edited 2023-07-12 19:15:12
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hi All.

Any other experiens issue after update to firmware 1.1.0 ?

System has been running 50 days before update,with no issue, all wan showed online status.

My setup:

Router ER8411 V1

Omada controller oc300

Version: 5.11.10

Build: 1.18.2 Build 20230704 Rel.64637

And some switches and EAP670

Issue after update:

Im using 3 isp/wan 1-4-5 load balance with backup.

Now the backup wan5 always shows offline in omada, but its not offline.

Set all 3 wan to load balance and all shows online.

Set wan5 back to backup, goes back to offline.

Overview

SFP+ WAN1Online

WAN/LAN4Online

WAN/LAN5Offline

Load Balancing

Load Balancing Weight:

Application Optimized Routing:

• Enable

Link Backup:

• Enable

Primary WAN:

SFP+ WAN1WAN/LAN4

Backup WAN:

WAN/LAN5

Backup Mode:

Always Link Primary

Mode:

Enable backup link when all primary WANs fail

Any toughts forum ?

Reg

Langis

Options
5 Reply
Re:ER8411 V1 firmware 1.1.0 update feedback
2023-07-13 02:57:29

Hi @Langis 

For the Failover(link backup), the backup WAN shows offline while it is not in active use. If the primary WAN(s) is(are) down, the backup WAN will show up as Online.

This is the way how it works. In the WAN setting page, you should find the port is actually getting network information from your ISP.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-13 03:24:49

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive, 

Could someone at TP link please acknowledge this ?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/614902

I was in contact with support and have not received a response since June 30th and have tried 1.04 beta and the new 1.1.0 

Options
2023-07-13 08:16:39

@Clive_A 

Thanks for reply.

I can see on the wan port download bytes its increasing so then you have to be correct on this issue and its a hot connection.  It shuld be showing offline until activated.

I was in the impression when its offline its a cold conection, and for backup wan its best with hot connection. 

Belive this terms was used by asus routers time ago :-) 

See photos, backup is wan5:

Options
2023-07-13 09:27:28

Hi @Langis 

Thanks for bringing up this to me. In essence, the port is not inactive. It works as a backup WAN but it does not mean it is inactive. Online Detection and your ISP may send packets through this port. For the ISP, it needs to update its information from time to time. Your WAN status shows the network information and that's because your WAN is syncing with your ISP.

The goal of the link backup is to maintain your connection and always be ready for any disconnection that may happen.

You can monitor this traffic from the time you reported it to us. And check how much data was used on this port. If this surges unusually while your backup WAN never comes up as the primary, that would be a concern for both you and me. Can you please first monitor this for a while?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-13 10:37:59

@Clive_A 

Hi.

Ok, i will monitor for some time :-) 

I see already download bytes incrising, upload still same. Backup not triggered. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 724

Replies: 5

Related Articles