My RE450 won't connect or repeat wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-12 20:36:16
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I am starting to get really frustrated and I need some help. 

Before I get into it... I have tried resetting my range extender for what has been more than 50 times trying to make this work. 

I am trying to connect my device to my wifi since I have bad internet in the house. 

I have tried by connected the device physically, through WPS, by trying to set it up on my phone and through a web browser but with no luck. 

Is there any reason that you guys can help me with to explain once I get the basic product set up that I cannot get it to connect to the internet? 

Options
5 Reply
Re:My RE450 won't connect or repeat wifi
2023-07-13 07:47:27 - last edited 2023-07-13 08:17:29

@Tin-Arm0r 

Hi. Is it a new product or has it been configured before?

It is likely to be a password issue.

But in case you have checked the password already, please also refer to this link to see whether the main router had the same advanced configuration which might block RE450 

Recommended settings on the host router to work well with TP-Link Range Extenders

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-13 08:24:51

Hey @David-TP

The device is about 6 months old. It stopped working when we switched routers and upgraded our internet to fiber. 

I will give your suggestions a shot!

Options
2023-07-13 09:22:26
Called up my ISP, they told me there is no issue they can see as a "Block" from the router. I wish it was just a password issue.
Options
2023-07-14 06:55:06
https://www.tp-link.com/support/setup-video/#range-extenders
Options
2023-07-14 06:55:34

Tin-Arm0r wrote

I am starting to get really frustrated and I need some help. 

Before I get into it... I have tried resetting my range extender for what has been more than 50 times trying to make this work. 

I am trying to connect my device to my wifi since I have bad internet in the house. 

I have tried by connected the device physically, through WPS, by trying to set it up on my phone and through a web browser but with no luck. 

Is there any reason that you guys can help me with to explain once I get the basic product set up that I cannot get it to connect to the internet? 

@Tin-Arm0r 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/setup-video/#range-extenders
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 332

Replies: 5

Related Articles