Network suddenly started dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-12 21:05:40

Out of nowhere the decos have started losing/dropping connection multiple times a day. Been running it with 4 units for over 2 years now with no issues and suddenly yesterday evening its playing up. Firmware is latest released and installed on all. LED changes to red light for 1-3 minutes and then comes back on. 
I can't find any logical reason for it online or with support pages. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Network suddenly started dropping
2023-07-13 06:12:55

@Leggett999 

Hi, welcome to the community.

may I know the model number of your Deco?

Is there any change recently, like a firmware upgrade?

How often would the disconnection repeat?

Later if the main Deco turned red again, please go to Deco APP>More>Internet connection and check whether there is still a valid IPV4 address.

After that, please disconnect the main Deco and connect the laptop to the ISP modem directly to see whether the laptop could get internet directly from the modem.

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-13 19:06:51

@David-TP 

Hi David,

The deco model is M5 and I have 4 of the around the house. 
The firmware was updated to the latest version yesterday but the issue has been occurring since before the firmware upgrade. Previous firmware was the previous release. 
The dropping out has been occurring again and it's very sporadic and drops for maybe 2-5 seconds each time and at least once per hour. I don't have time to check the app for a valid ipv4 address. 
I've plugged a laptop direct to the router and no issues there at all. As I said previously I have had no issues for the last 2 years so it's all quite surprising. I've also changed out the main deco for another unit and issues persists. 

Options
2023-07-14 08:54:10
Further to the above I’ve managed to view the IPv4 screen and there is no change in the addresses.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 174

Replies: 3

Related Articles