Deco S7 Red Lights Every Night

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-13 22:05:57
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20230324 Rel. 50892

I've recently set up 3 Deco S7's and have found that every single night at almost exactly 1.30am the main Deco will turn solid red and the other 2 will start flashing red. There is no downtime for the Internet and everything works fine they will just have the red lights until I reboot them, then the same thing happens the following night.

One of the satellites is connected to the main via ethernet and the other is connected to the main by WiFi.

I had the units replaced and set them up fresh again but found the same issue happened, I previously had S4's which didn't have this problem. I've tried different DNS servers and all sorts of other things and can't see anything unusual in the logs so wondered if anyone had any other ideas?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco S7 Red Lights Every Night
2023-07-14 08:03:09

@DeclanSC 

Hi, May I know who is your internet service provider?

Did it help if you try to switch to a different Deco as the main Deco?

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Is there any DNS filter program installed in the LAN network?

I did see before that Deco is red but works fine. But they never always start at a fixed time.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-17 23:03:51

@David-TP thanks for your response. My provider is seethelight (FTTP provider). No that didn't help and replacing the whole deco s7 system with a brand new s7 network also made no difference so don't belive it's any device in particular. No there is no DNS filter installed. Weirdly I am still getting the red lights just at around 11.30pm every night instead of 1.30am. But yeah they all go red at the same time and my internet connection is unaffected.

I have seen the below on the logs for the main Deco at the time the issue is happening so didn't know if it was linked or means anything to you:

Options
2023-07-19 00:35:05

@David-TP also now realised it's not happening at specific times in particular just happens exactly 24 hours after I restart the network (which I have to do every night to stop the red lights when they occur).

Options
2023-09-05 14:06:58

@DeclanSC /   @David-TP I'm having the same issue

My setup is with a S7 as principal, 3 M4 and 1 E4. The leds in all are working fine except in the S7. I requested a replacement of the S7 and this new one is doing exactly the same. The Led starts in white but after sometime goes to red. 

Can you help us to fix this?, this is annoying.

Please let me know if you need some logs / screenshots / pics

Regards

Options
2023-09-05 14:28:41

@Garpa Looking at other posts seems to be a common bug with the S7.

I've found a fix/workaround from other posts, if you change the LED setting on the app to on it stops the red lights happening, I've currently set it on a schedule to only turn on for one minute a day and haven't had any red lights since.

Options
2023-09-05 14:58:41 - last edited 2023-09-05 14:59:43

@DeclanSC Thank you, let me try that

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 637

Replies: 6

Related Articles