Carrier Aggregation or 4G+ doesn’t work properly on LTE Advanced Router

Carrier Aggregation or 4G+ doesn’t work properly on LTE Advanced Router

65 Reply
Re:Carrier Aggregation or 4G+ doesn’t work properly on LTE Advanced Router
2024-03-27 08:35:47

@a_random_boy 

Hi, here are the firmware available on the global site, as you can see, there is another firmware 220105 in between the 220826 and 210914, since 220105 is not allowed to downgrade, you will not be able to downgrade from 220826 to 210814, but you should be able to downgrade to 220105, here is the global site link: 

Firmware Download for Archer MR600 V2

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-27 08:52:39

Hello,

You mention " a Xiaomi phone for comparison". I have an old Redmi Note 5A handy. If this is good enough, please let me know exactly and in detailed steps what I'm supposed to do with it because it's not entirely clear to me.

I will be near the MR600 V2 in about a week. I could also use a more modern Redmi Note 9, but that will be possible in no less than 40 days from now.

Options
2024-03-27 08:53:33

@Sunshine Thanks for the reply. I downgraded to the older version. And can see 4G+ all the time. As right now I am residing in the place where getting better internet connection is hard, I can't see much improvements. But visually, I am happy now.

Options
2024-03-27 15:51:11

Hello  @Sunshine 

I wanted to share my experience with the Archer MR500:

I have realized that double band aggregation, starting at midnight (00h), no longer works for me. Throughout the day, it works correctly for me, but at that time, it no longer works. It works again for me around 7:30 in the morning. ​​​​

With my smartphone, 4G+ works for me at any time, even at night, but not with the router.

I have good coverage, I am near an operator antenna with a signal (depending on the band), but between RSRP: -75 to -86dBm.

In my case I use the band 3,8, 20.

I only have this curious problem, otherwise it works fine for me.

PS: I have firmware v1.7 beta. But with the official v1.5, the same thing happened to me.

Thank you. Greetings

Options
2024-03-29 10:15:23

@Amiga1000 

Hi, thank you very much for your cooperation.

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-29 10:18:01

Fabri2 wrote

Hello  @Sunshine 

I wanted to share my experience with the Archer MR500:

I have realized that double band aggregation, starting at midnight (00h), no longer works for me. Throughout the day, it works correctly for me, but at that time, it no longer works. It works again for me around 7:30 in the morning. ​​​​

With my smartphone, 4G+ works for me at any time, even at night, but not with the router.

I have good coverage, I am near an operator antenna with a signal (depending on the band), but between RSRP: -75 to -86dBm.

In my case I use the band 3,8, 20.

I only have this curious problem, otherwise it works fine for me.

PS: I have firmware v1.7 beta. But with the official v1.5, the same thing happened to me.

Thank you. Greetings

@Fabri2 

Hi, you mean you selected band 3, 8, 20 manually on the MR500, right?

Please check which band(s) your phone is using with the same SIM card at same location, especially at night: How to check the 4G band working on our smartphones

Then compare the bands with MR500.

By the way, is your smartphone XiaoMi phone or not?

Options
2024-03-29 15:09:46

Hi, you mean you selected band 3, 8, 20 manually on the MR500, right?

Please check which band(s) your phone is using with the same SIM card at same location, especially at night: How to check the 4G band working on our smartphones

Then compare the bands with MR500.

By the way, is your smartphone XiaoMi phone or not?

@Sunshine 

Yes, I use it manually. Because the bands automatically change me a lot. And some bands work better for me than others. I have to start from the base with band 3.

I have had Xiaomi, but now the one I use is a Motorola Edge 40 Neo

I've been analyzing the bands at night with my cell phone for 2 nights, and I don't understand anything.

It says 4G+ on the icon, but it's not like it has the speed that corresponds to it. Download receipt only as 4G. The check is at the same hours.

I use the Netmonster app and it still tells me one or more bands were added, but it deletes itself in seconds.

I will continue talking to my operator to see if she knows anything about why this is happening.

I noticed this more through the router, with the LED it makes you know better. I have had the router for about 1 week.

Options
2024-04-01 02:29:10

@Fabri2 

Thank you very much for the update. Maybe the ISP limited the 4G+ or Speed at night since it happens always during the same time with the router.

If you have any further questions on the router after confirming it with your ISP, please let us know.

Options
2024-04-06 17:31:24 - last edited 2024-04-06 17:35:20

@Sunshine 

Is the System log switching from 4g to 4g+ resolved, for i still experience it here in Philippines with Smart. My speed test varies from 30dl/25ul to 85dl/60ul 4g and 4g+. And i wonder if there are issues like this get resolved.

Options
2024-04-07 03:17:11

@Zauel 

Hi, please refer to this reply: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/615176?replyId=1334338

Options