Really low speed after upgrading Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-15 03:22:34

Hi there, I recently upgraded my internet to 1000Download 30 upload with the CB8000 Modem and Deco M5 Wifi pod, the pod only had 2 ports and we need 3 more the ethernet here (2 computers, 1 modem) so I bought TP link av2 1000. I hooked them up and we are only getting 20MBPS download and 30 upload, the upload is right but the download is crazy low. I have tried moving the powerline adapters upstairs where they are needed but they are still the same download, I purchased buy a 50FT ethernet cable to run from the modem downstairs to upstairs on the powerline adapters hoping it would be better connection but it is only getting 80mbps download now so im not sure what to do. Can anyone please help?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Really low speed after upgrading Internet
2023-07-15 15:28:20

@Kenzington 

Hi,

If you just need more Ethernet ports and you are able to route an Ethernet cable from the Deco to wherever you need the connections, then a simple Gigabit switch would be a much better option. (a 5-port Gigabit switch from TP-Link sometimes can be found for as little as 15 € or US$)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 240

Replies: 1

Related Articles