Ethernet connection to computer from modem not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-18 19:53:28 - last edited 2023-07-18 19:54:39
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When I'm connected to my modem via ethernet there is no internet access when I have the Deco connected.

Before setting up the Deco ethernet worked fine, and when connected directly to the Deco ethernet works (at 1/10th the speed) however when I'm connected directly to the modem I have no internet access throught ethernet

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ethernet connection to computer from modem not working
2023-07-18 20:54:13

@Kozicki I can confirm the bug. It started yesterday 17.07.2023. The internet works fine until router (confirmed by plugging directly to router) but no longer reaches the first deco unit (I have Deco M4). Deco status led is red and the Deco is unreachable. I have tried two different RJ45 cables and tried different ports. Before yesterday it worked fine and no changes have been made.

Options
Re:Ethernet connection to computer from modem not working
2023-07-19 07:28:45

@Kozicki 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you checked the internet connection type on the Deco APP>internet connection here? Is it Dynamic IP?

The other possible reason would be the service provider has bound a specific MAC address to the internet service.

By the way, how many Ethernet ports do you have on the modem? Can I have the model number of your ISP modem?

I used to see users mention that if there is more than one Ethernet port on the modem, you could only use one by default. If you need to connect more than one device to the modem you might need to contact the provider to activate other ports.

@luotinen 

Hi, I think your issue is not the same as Kozicki. 

For your case, it is suggested to change a different Deco as the main Deco in case the first one is broken for some reason:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2400/

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 145

Replies: 2

Related Articles