Using Deco P9 with existing wired netwrok

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-20 15:17:24 - last edited 2023-07-24 03:35:35
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I am looking for some help about the best way to set up a Deco P9 mesh.  I have a wired network in my house.  I want to be able to access a wifi printer which will be connected to the Deco Mesh.

I have a Now Broadband Router, into which is plugged a Netgear 5port gigabit desktop switch which is used to link to various ethernet outlets around the house and to another 8 port switch in my workshop. 

At the moment I have the "prime" Deco unit plugged into the Now router, but I am unable to see the printer (or anything on the wifi network).  Should I plug it into the Netgear 5 port switch?  Is there something else I can try.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Martin

Options
3 Reply
Re:Using Deco P9 with existing wired netwrok
2023-07-21 01:30:52 - last edited 2023-07-24 03:35:35

@Tesan-Man 

Go through this FAQ for more details on the possible topologies using an ethernet backhaul.

If your Now Broadband router has a NAT enabled, you could set the Deco in AP mode to avoid double NAT in your network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-07-22 16:25:09
Many thanks - I'll check out the FAQ.
Options
2023-07-24 03:47:41

@terziyski  Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Hi  @Tesan-Man 
In your network diagram, if you want the device connected to your Now Broadband Router can access the printer connected to the Deco's Wi-Fi,  it's suggested to set the Deco in the AP mode.
Or if you connect the Netgear switch to the Deco rather than the Now Broadband Router, then the devices connected to the switch can access the printer since they are in the same network.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 310

Replies: 3

Related Articles