Cannot download exe files over ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-20 21:41:58
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version:

I am experiencing a very weird issue where I cannot download exe files over ethernet. This happens on any machine I connect to the network over ethernet. The same machine connected over WiFi can download files immediately. I don't believe it has anything to do with the computers, but is something to do with the Deco. I have tried multiple reboots of the network. Sometimes it solves the problem for a short period, most times it does not. All other browsing and file downloading is unaffected. 

Network consists of FTTP, 3 X20s, 1 M3W, 2 switches, a Reolink NVR and assorted smart home hubs. 

Any thoughts?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot download exe files over ethernet
2023-07-24 05:54:26

@zipoko 

Hi,
If you have set up the Parental Control feature or enabled the Antivirus feature on the main Deco, you can turn them off for a try.

And please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. Are the Deco X20 units have the same HW and FW? Please ensure the Deco units are up to date.

2. Please describe your network diagram in detail. For example, which Deco connects to which, via wired or Wi-Fi, which switch connects to which Deco, and which Deco/switch is the wired computer connected to, etc.
You can send me a picture of the Deco app>Network>Network Map page to show the connection between the Deco units.

3. Please try to connect a computer to the main deco by an ethernet cable directly and then check if you can download exe files on it.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Cannot download exe files over ethernet
2023-08-31 20:14:12

@Solla-topee 

Hi

No parental controls are enabled anywhere on the network and still no luck with the AV turned off.  All Deco units have the same firmwware (the latest).

The network is:

FTTP > main deco > DrayTek G1080 switch

Switch:

> PC

> Tado bridge

> Hue bridge

> Reolink NVR

> Netgear Switch

>> Homeassistant

>> Deco X20

I have tried connecting a laptop to the same ethernet socket as the PC as well as directly to the Deco.  In both cases it fails to download exe files, but resumes as soon as I disconnect the ethernet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 249

Replies: 2

Related Articles