Archer C6 sporadically loses internet with [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.

Archer C6 sporadically loses internet with [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.

12 Reply
Archer C6 (IN) Ver 4.8 Shows no internet in one device while connected with another device
2024-03-08 17:23:10

@Nerfection  recently I bought archer C6 IN Ver 4.8 and  its having problem like if it's connected with 4 devices 3 device will stay connected And 1 device will show no internet . I tried changing  secondary dns to 1.1.1.1 but no improvement then I copied my previous routers MAC address still no improvement. I even contacted isp they changed every cable but no solution. I was using tp link TL_WR840N it was running smoothly and wasn't having any issue not even now if I connect it . I contacted customer support they even changed my router but no improvement . Firmware is updated to latest please help

Nerfection wrote

Hi there,

After struggling with internet losses while in VR, using the archer C6 as a dedicated router for my headset, I have found several forum articles related to error [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.  being connected to losing internet sporadically (system log with errors below).

While I've been unable to find other forum posts on this error specifically about the C6, I have still tried to follow some of the troubleshooting steps given, but without success. As these losses of connection are most often only 20-60 seconds long, it is very difficult to catch them happening. I replaced my last C6 due to similar - and possibly even the same - issue and would greatly appreciate help in finding a solution.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Nerf

Options
Archer C6 (IN) Ver 4.8 Shows no internet in one device while connected with another device
2024-05-10 09:12:26

@Sanju0703 

Hey bro 

I have also the same Archer C6(IN) version 4.8 recently bought expecting to be delivered version 4.0 from Amazon I saw many reviews of this router before purchasing and got this version, i first thought it was a fake product as in the TP-link official website the latest version for this model it shows is 4.0 and all the firmware updates are mostly US and EU in Indian website. I reached their technical support team but the answer was not satisfactory. I can't understand if they are launching a newer version why aren't they updating their official website and providing the updates for this firmware separately 

As also got the update that you already installed 

Latest Firmware Version:

1.13.5 Build 240222 Rel.50991n(5553) 

My current version is 

Firmware Version:

1.12.10 Build 230208 Rel.38553n(5553)

Hardware Version:

Archer C6 4.0

One thing you noticed here in the box it's version 4.8 but on the router home page it shows 4.0 if it's based on 4.0 only why is 4.8 mentioned? 

Now I am worried about whether to update it or not as the issues you are facing after updates are the same issues I faced in the previous i.e current version of dropping the internet for a few minutes i first thought it was my ISP issues but now I understand its this brand new TP link new version router issue.

Also, there is another issue I am facing suppose 4-5 devices are connected suddenly 1 device says no internet but the other 3 devices' internet is working 

Plz suggest bro whether I should update it or not as after the update also you are facing issues that they intend the fix.

Thank you

Options
Related Articles