TL-WPA4220 V4 Problem with the connection since one week ago

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-21 01:59:51
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 220408

I have a TL-WPA4220 for about a year, and during that time, I had no issues with both Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections working properly. However, approximately a week ago, I started experiencing problems with the device's connection. I tried connecting both adapters in the same room, and they worked fine. But when I move the extender to my bedroom, it loses the signal. Sometimes, it provides a very slow internet speed, and after a few minutes, it loses the signal again, I have tried connecting the extender in other rooms of the house, but it still doesn't have a signal. However, the LED lights indicate that it is linked correctly. I have also tried updating the firmware and restoring the factory settings.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 V4 Problem with the connection since one week ago
2023-07-26 09:57:30

@Diego21 

Hi,do you mean powerline LEDs are both light up but no internet access when you are connected to the powerline extender WiFi?

Please check if the powerline adapter is still connected to your router properly, try a different Ethernet cable if possible.

Besides, is there any change or modifications to your network or any change of the electrical environment recently?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-03 21:05:25

@Sunshine Hi, I've tried what you mentioned about the powerline adapter and changing the Ethernet cables, but nothing has worked.

There have been no changes in the network or the electrical environment either.

Options
2023-08-08 08:19:09

@Diego21 

After relocating the powerline extender, please use tpPLC utility to see if the two powerline devices are still paired and what the powerline rate is between the two devices.

If it is too low, please follow this guide to improve it to see if internet will work:

What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 628

Replies: 3

Related Articles