ER605 V1 stopped working with starlink

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-25 14:21:33 - last edited 2023-07-27 01:47:05
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hello everybody,

Hi everybody,

My technical skills are limited, but I managed to do all the networks here at home so far because today it's quite easy, but now I have a serious problem that I couldn't solve and I would like to get an opinion from the experts here.

this is my network

01 starlink dish (1st generation)

01 - Router load balance gigabit: ER605 V.1 Firmware 1.3.0

01 - Switch TL-SG2210P

01 Controller OC200

03  EAP 225 wall

01 EAP 225 Outdoor

01 EAP610-Outdoor(US) v1.0

It was working perfectly for almost a year, but a week ago, the ER605 router started not recognizing internet from Starlink. Starlink is working normally with its own router.

I reset the ER605 to factory settings and tried again, but the problem is still there. It's not ideal, but I connected a cable from Starlink Aux. to ER605, and it worked for a week and then stopped.

So, I turned off ER605 and connected a cable directly from Starlink router Aux. to the Switch. It is working okay so far (3 days), but my network can have around 50 connections at the same time (phones, laptops, watches, WiFi switches, cameras, 01 Apple TV, Fire TV, etc.), and I am not sure if this Starlink router can handle all these connections (it has been good so far, but the SL router has not been stressed yet), and I want to use my ER605.

On average, we use 1.3 TB per month. Any clues? Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 V1 stopped working with starlink-Solution
2023-07-26 03:15:46 - last edited 2023-07-27 01:47:05

Hi @Klautau 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

First, you need to refer to the installation guide for Starlink: How to Configure TP-Link Omada Router with Starlink Internet

Next up, you should consider if Starlink is blocking or changing something on their end which causes this problem. Suggest you contact your Starlink support.

Third, you can try out the MAC Clone feature under the MAC address tab. Clone the MAC address of your Starlink modem stuff.

Fourth, Starlink satellites move around and hand over your link to another satellite. I am not sure if there is a problem with that coverage from the satellite. That also requires you to confirm with the Starlink support.

In the meantime, you can try out Starlink directly when this issue occurs again, and verify if it sends traffic. If no, that's a Starlink issue.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 V1 stopped working with starlink-Solution
2023-07-26 03:15:46 - last edited 2023-07-27 01:47:05

Hi @Klautau 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

First, you need to refer to the installation guide for Starlink: How to Configure TP-Link Omada Router with Starlink Internet

Next up, you should consider if Starlink is blocking or changing something on their end which causes this problem. Suggest you contact your Starlink support.

Third, you can try out the MAC Clone feature under the MAC address tab. Clone the MAC address of your Starlink modem stuff.

Fourth, Starlink satellites move around and hand over your link to another satellite. I am not sure if there is a problem with that coverage from the satellite. That also requires you to confirm with the Starlink support.

In the meantime, you can try out Starlink directly when this issue occurs again, and verify if it sends traffic. If no, that's a Starlink issue.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER605 V1 stopped working with starlink
2023-07-26 14:29:19

Thank you so much, @Clive_A 

I reset the ER 605 to factory settings once more,  plugged my notebook into the LAN output, and I plugged Starlink into the WAN input of the ER605 (without their router), it didn't work. Then, as you instructed, I used the ER605 MAC cloning (but there was only the option to clone my notebook) and changed the DNS to Google's. It's working great so far. Then I connected the Switch and the OC200 controller, but I didn't adopt the ER605 router into controller. Let's see nexte days.

Thank you again!

Options
Re:ER605 V1 stopped working with starlink
2023-07-27 01:46:51

@Klautau 

Sure. Will see. Make sure you test during disconnection to verify if this is a Starlink issue or ours. Refer to the method above.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 634

Replies: 3

Related Articles