Is there any Deco devices capable to manage VPN site to site connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-27 11:31:24
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230301

Hello, 
I bought the Deco x50 v1.0 (pack of 3) and the main reason besides the mesh technology was that it supports an Openvpn client. I already updated the firmware to Deco X50(EU)_V1_1.2.2 Build 20230301 and my question is:
Can I use Deco x50 as Openvpn client and have access to the devices that are behind x50 NAT (in the way how Openvpn site-to-site works)?

In my home I have pfSense firewall with two functioning Openvpn servers one is site-to-site and other remote access. My plan was to use Deco x50 in different location. 
I did some tests and I can establish VPN tunnel to my main location and have access to its local network devices, but not the other way around, network devices behind Deco are not accessible. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Is there any Deco devices capable to manage VPN site to site connection?
2023-07-28 06:30:02

@x50_user 

Hi, have you tried to enable the OpenVPN server on the Deco X50 as well to let it make work as both the OpenVPN Client and OpenVPN Server?

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options
Re:Is there any Deco devices capable to manage VPN site to site connection?
2023-07-28 08:39:21

@x50_user 

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply, but the remote location (the place where Deco x50 are installed) is with Starlink ISP. I don't have public IP and can't open any ports since I'm behind CGNAT.  The Starlink router is already in bypass mode and I did setup ddns service, but without any success to reach main Deco x50 unit from internet. My idea was to create Openvpn site-to-site using the Openvpn client build in Deco to connect to my Openvpn site-to-site server. I will appreciate any help from your or the community here.

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 2

Related Articles