I have several Deco but only one receives the connected devices?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-27 15:27:40
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My main Deco is an M9 Plus, I have other M9s and M5s connected to the main to do the mesh. But all the connected devices as well as our cell phones are only connected to the main M9?

Example, I have a secondary Deco in an outside building connected to the main Deco, but the connectable devices in this part connect to the main instead of the secondary which is closest! I don't understand ?

I have over 50 devices but all of them connect to the main one and yet they should connect to the closest Deco, right? Ideas for solutions?

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:I have several Deco but only one receives the connected devices?
2023-07-27 15:44:18

@commequidira 

My Deco mesh set is two M9 Plus and two M5s. Main Deco is M9 Plus. This is how devices connect to my Deco mesh just now:

It is not very busy place, but as you can see each Deco has devices connected to it.

The simplest solution would be to disable 2.4GHz on Main Network:

Devices that can only connect on 5GHz will roam much faster to the nearest Deco.

If that does not help or not feasible, more info will be needed from you: screenshot "Show Map" like one I shared, also "Show List" and "Update Deco" screenshots from Deco app, to start with.

Options
2023-07-27 16:01:36

@Alexandre. 

Thanks Alexander, that's a great idea! I will try to do that! If I understand correctly, I place my Deco of the main network in 5Ghz but the secondaries remain in 2.4Ghz? Or I do this in 5Ghz and after a while I put my main Deco in the 2.4 and 5ghz?

Options
2023-07-27 16:08:58

@commequidira 

This configuration setting is for all Deco units in your Deco mesh. They all will stop broadcasting 2.4GHz on Main Network SSID.

Options
2023-07-27 16:27:49

@Alexandre. 

I just tried the experiment, unfortunately the devices did not connect to the other decos. I will look for other solutions. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Options
2023-07-28 03:32:10

@commequidira 

Hi, the latest firmware versions of both Deco M5(1.7.1) and Deco M9 plus(1.6.1) have supported connection preference.

You could try to manually choose the linked Deco for each client to see whether it helped.

How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

In case the Deco APP is unable to detect the latest firmware, please try to update the firmware manually via web UI.

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 470

Replies: 5

Related Articles