opera web browser blocked 'no internet' message

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-30 11:16:22
Model: TD-W9960  
Hardware Version: V10
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.8.0

Hi all,

Have just begun using said router/modem, but have found a problem, namely that opera web browser's vpn cannot connect to internet; opera reports 'no internet', and having just turned off vpn the problem is the same, does anyone know why, I have never experienced this with a router/modem.

Many thank for all your suggections kind people.

All the best.

half_blind

Options
3 Reply
Re:opera web browser blocked 'no internet' message
2023-07-31 06:53:58

@half_blind 

Hi, do you mean Opera web browser doesn't have internet access at all, no matter VPN is turned on or off?

Other web browsers or applications are all working fine?

Please double-check the hardware and firmware version of your modem router, is the hardware version V1 or V1.20? And provide the complete version for firmware version as well.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-31 15:39:44

@half_blind 

Thanks for your reply; yes I do mean I have no internet connection through the opera web browser, although interestingly, the little blue box shows that it has vpn, but still cannot access any website;  I thought that when I posted I was forced to enter firmare version etc which was showing as part of the post; I do not have the tplink eouter up and running at the momebt due to it not functioning, but the firmare that I noted on a piece of paper is 38000 with the hardware being td-w9960, thats all I a supply right now:)

All the best

half_blind

Options
2023-08-06 10:26:36

@half_blind 

Have fixed the problem; tuns out that the networkmanager was the culprit, changed to wicd; was not eh iptables firewall, or opera's fault.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 436

Replies: 3

Related Articles