Multicast communication is not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-02 01:24:32
Tags: #multicast
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Hello.
I am using an X90 as an AP in bridge mode.
I have tried to do multicast communication within the LAN, but it does not work.

> Router
> ┃
> switch (NetGear)
> ┣ HostB
> ┗ Deco X90 (Bridge Mode)
>    ┗ HostA (wifi)

I want to distribute via HostA -> HostB, but no packets are being sent to HostB.

I have tried with global scope (224.0.1.0 to 238.255.255.255) and private scope (239.0.0.0 to 239.255.255.255).
but no packets (UDP) are being sent from X90 to swicth.

(However, if it is link-local (224.0.0.0 to 224.0.0.255), the packets are being delivered.)

If you use another company's AP instead of Deco X90, you can deliver as expected.
In the case of the other company's AP, the AP seems to be delivering packets when it detects IGMP from HostB.

To check the multicast packets, we are using the following tool
https://github.com/troglobit/mping

> Example.
> HostA> . /mping -s 
> HostB> . /mping -r

Deco X90 does not have a configuration item for IGMP snooping, etc.

Please let me know how to solve this problem.

Model X90(1.0)
Firmware Version 1.2.2 Build 20230611 Rel. 76835

Options
1 Reply
Re:Multicast communication is not working
2023-08-04 12:01:15

@trtaka 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Could you please send a copy of the multicast packets logs via the mping tool on github to support.forum@tp-link.com?(please also add the forum ID 617346, Thank you in advance.) So that I could forward it directly to the engineers for further assistance.

By the way, they helped me comfirmed that IGMP snooping is enabled by default on Deco under AP mode so what you have experienced might not be related to the IGMP snooping settings on Deco.

Thanks a lot for your cooperation and support.

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 285

Replies: 1

Tags

multicast
Related Articles