Multicast issues with Deco X90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-02 15:30:51
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Hi all, I have a mesh network set up with 2 * Deco X90 and 3 * X60. I have had issues recently with my IP TV solution, lots of broken signals leading to loss of picture and sound. My operator (who also delivers the fiber connection) has done some research and has concluded that I am having issues related to my TP-Link kit. The problem statement is the following:

The TV solution uses Multicast. Apparently my main X90 is also talking Multicast which is disturbing the IP TV signal (although the IP TV is directly cabled into my fiber box). It also appears that there is something wrong in the configuration as they claim that I am presenting a 192.168.x.x address externally towards the fiber connection, and there is also one unit on my network trying to use Multicast.

Questions

1. How do I turn off multicast in my mesh network? I have found two settings to turn on in the Advanced Admin interface:

• Enable IGMP
  • Enable WAN Unicast

Will enabling any of these make a difference, or is there something else I can do?

2. How do I find the offending unit using Multicast? The IP address provided by the operator responds to ping but does not seem to have a web interface.

Additional information:

The main Deco X90 is connected via cable to my fiber box in one of the ports (1 gbit/s) and I have a switch connected in the other port (2,5 Gbit/s). 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Multicast issues with Deco X90
2022-02-08 09:12:00

@Lucky71 

Hi, Thank you for your patience.

For your case, could you please help me check more details:

1. Can I have a full image of your network layout, such as:

ISP fiber ONT---Deco X90—network switch(the model is ?), how other Deco units are connected to the network?

2. may I know who is your internet service provider?

3. if unplugging the whole Deco Mesh from the system, would the IPTV solution work properly?

4. as the IP 192.168.xxx.xxx you mentioned earlier, could you please send me a private message about what this IP is and the MAC address of it?

(You are able to the all the online client lists on the web UI and their MAC address).

By the way, you could disable the IGMP on the web UI to see if that made any difference.

Options
TP-Link Wireless N Router WR845N
2022-06-01 20:24:29

Kanekt me

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1115

Replies: 2