Deco M4 not connecting to nearest Deco, resulting in very slow internet speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-03 02:02:59
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a setup of 4 Deco M4, now main bedroom deco is closer to bedroom deco and bedroom deco has a good signal, but main bedroom deco instead keeps connecting to living room deco and results in slow speeds, why does the deco not connect to the nearest deco and instead keeps connecting to main deco which is quite far away ? What;s the point of such a network if it's unable to do the basic task of connecting to the nearest deco ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 not connecting to nearest Deco, resulting in very slow internet speeds
2023-08-03 08:55:05

@abhishekgujjar 

What is the hardware version of your Deco M4? You can find it on the product label.

If you are lucky to get V4, It has added the feature to manually select signal sources.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/deco-m4/#Firmware

And you could set up per link-

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3480/

Options
Re:Deco M4 not connecting to nearest Deco, resulting in very slow internet speeds
2023-09-17 03:40:32 - last edited 2023-09-17 03:42:21

@Heidi_Alp yes the hardware version of my 4th Deco is V4 and I have upgraded the firmware, now I see an option to select signal source in the deco app which is selected to auto, but when I try to disable auto it throws an error saying failed to save the information. Isn't this supposed to be the basic functionality of these routers, why are they working only on star topology and connecting only to the main deco ???? how are we supposed to extend the range if it works this way ???

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 2

Related Articles