Router stops connecting to internet regularly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-03 02:10:09
Tags: #Firmware Update #Not working
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 3.16.0 0.9.1 v600f.0 Build 200414 Rel.28383n

I bought tp link router last year from act fibernet

While using it now it frequently disconnects the internet at that time even i am unable to login into 192.168.0.1 also i want to power off the power switch and turn it on then it's working

This is a weird issue I can't reboot the device everytime help me to solve this

Even I am unable to update firmware 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Router stops connecting to internet regularly
2023-08-03 07:17:31

@Naveen_N 

Hi, thank you for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. May I know who your ISP is? and what is the WAN connection type on the router? such as Dynamic IP or PPPoE

2. When the router loses internet, do you notice any changes on the LED status? such as Internet LED turning red or off?

3. When the router loses internet, please connect a computer directly to your ISP modem to see if internet still works fine from the modem

4. You mentioned that web interface doesn't work at that moment, do you still have IP address on client devices and are you able to ping the router LAN IP address when the issue happens?

How to find IP address on your devices

How to Use the Ping Command

5. Please follow the step 4 in this post to set DNS to see if it helps: What if TP-Link Router Disconnects from Internet? 

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-06 05:48:04

@Sunshine 

1. Actually the router belongs to act isp

But from few months I'm using it for railwire broadband

The router worked well for few months from last month onwards it's starts to trouble

2. No led remains normal color that mean yellow 

3. Yes internet is coming from modem

Options
2023-08-06 05:48:58

@Sunshine 

I have one more question

I am unable to use tplink tether app can u tell me solution for it

Options