Cannot access my Router from remote

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-04 11:10:32 - last edited 2023-08-07 00:56:15
Model: Archer VR1210v  
Hardware Version: V12
Firmware Version: Firmware Version:2.0.0 0.9 v6041.0 Build 210827 Rel.58876n

Couldn't find my model on the list. I'm using an Archer VR1210v that I'm not able to access from outside.

I have a static public IP address.

The device I'm trying to access from remote is a desktop PC running Linux Mint 21.2 that I'm pretty sure has no firewall.

If I try from remote to access to this device using traceroute, tracepath or ping commands I'm not able to reach it.

I tried also installing a VPN (Tailscale) but with no success. Or better, with VPN I'm able to ping the device but not traceroute it. It returns me !H error.

After researching I found that may be something in the router settings blocking ICMP, but I found nothing in my router settings page about ICMP.

I even totally disabled any firewall on the router settings, rebooted, but still I'm not able to manage to connect to my device.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot access my Router from remote
2023-08-14 10:36:55

@Zeppino 

Hi, are you trying to access the VR1210v web interface remotely?

Please remember to enable remote management on the VR1210v: How to enable Remote Management on AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 469

Replies: 1

Related Articles