OpenVPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OpenVPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:OpenVPN
2023-08-08 03:05:23

@leeo 

What is the OpenVPN Client version on your mobile phone? and if possible, please use a different device such as a Windows laptop to check if it could connect the OpenVPN Server.

By the way, you are using UDP now, please change it to TCP and export the .ovpn again for a try.

Options
2023-08-09 17:09:13
The OpenVPN client on my phone is OpenVPNConnect version3.3.4. I have tried switching to TCP and also tried it on a windows machine and I still get the same result.
Options
2023-08-09 19:51:50 - last edited 2023-08-09 19:55:18

@leeo 

So, you have confirmed you are able to access your home network from the Internet via your public IPv4 address and your domain name, right?

Yet, according to your previous post the OpenVPN client doesn't appear to get a response from the OpenVPN server on the AX53 and then gives up and would go on to try the next remote server entry (if there was one).

I wonder if something unexpected has happened to the openvpn service on the router that prevents it from properly starting up. However, since there is no command prompt available on these routers we can't verify whether the openvpn service is running or not.

A last resort would be to perform a "Factory Restore" on the router and then configure the router again from scratch. If you were to go for it you should test the OpenVPN server early on, before making tons of other configuration changes. Also remember that you will have a new certificate that needs to be exported via *.ovpn file to the client software.

Options
2024-01-18 14:35:31
Hello, What if the ip adresses differ? I don't have a static IPv4, I'm probably behind NAT of my ISP or something similar ... connected via PPPoE. I thought that I should simply use the url registered on tplinkdns.com instead, but it obviously doesn't work either. Internet IP Address from Internet status: 10.10.224.207 what is my ip websites: 185.21.220.2 or 163.116.166.119 depending on website ping to .tplinkdns.com 185.21.220.2 Can you please support? openVPN connection on Android just times out... Thanks a lot. Jan
Options
2024-01-18 23:40:27

@host88 

Hi,

If your IP address via PPPoE is 10.10.224.207, then you are definitely behind a NAT of your ISP. Like this the OpenVPN server of your router will not be accessible via the Internet.

I recommend you contact your ISP, tell them what you are trying to do and ask them what solution they can offer you.

Options

Tags

Related Articles