TL-SG105s reduces my speeds

2023-08-06 16:54:45
Model: TL-SG105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I've just purchased the above Ethernet switch. Before fitting the 20 m Cat 7 cable I tested it with my PC upstairs (from router) and I got a speed of 560!! I then ran the cat 7 cable into the switch, which is upstairs then a cable to my PC from the switch I only get 230.

The switch has reduced the speed by 330, any explanation?

Thanks

Steve

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG105s reduces my speeds
2023-08-09 01:27:40

@sjn1965 

Did you have other devices connected to the same switch? maybe it took away some speed.

Or you could test the other way around:

router--a shorter cable to TL-SG105---20m cat7 to your computer to see whether it made any difference to the speed.

Options
Re:TL-SG105s reduces my speeds
2023-12-08 17:53:13

Ensure that the Cat 7 cable you are using is of good quality and properly terminated. Poorly made or damaged cables can result in signal degradation. Confirm that you are using the correct ports on the switch. Some switches may have one or more ports designed for higher speeds (e.g., Gigabit Ethernet), and using a different port could limit your speed. Check if both your PC and the switch are set to auto-negotiation for speed and duplex. This allows devices to automatically determine the best settings for communication. If one side is manually set to a specific speed, it might cause a mismatch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.