Can't add virtual server on Archer MR200. UI jumps back to home page.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-08 18:25:03
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 230311 Rel.53004n

Hello,

when I try to add a virtual server and click "Save" webpage jumps back to the main page without saving anything.

This topic doesn't seem to be new as it was discussed on another model 2 years ago. Solution was a firmware update.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/270504

I ask TP-Link to provide an updated firmware for this model too.

Thank you.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Can't add virtual server on Archer MR200. UI jumps back to home page.
2023-08-09 06:21:34

@Jim2345 

Hi, could you please share with us the screenshot of your Virtual Server Settings? and is there any error message when you configure it or save it?

You mentioned that the UI will jump to home page, do you mean Advanced->Status page, or Basic->Network Map page?

Please try to reset the MR200 to factory defaults by holding reset button for about 10s until power LED starts flashing, then test again if the problem still exists.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-09 08:19:16

@Sunshine 

Thank you for the response.

1. Screenshot attached.

2. There is no error message.

3. The UI jumps to Basic -> Network Map

4. Reset doesn't help. I have just bought the router brand new.

Options
2023-08-11 12:10:15

@Jim2345 

Hi, I noticed that internal IP you entered is 192.168.1.1, may I know if it is a local host that is connected to MR200, or your MR200 LAN IP address?

If you are trying to set up VPN Server on the MR200 itself, there is no need to open port for it on the MR200. If the MR200 Internet IP address is not a public IP address, the port forwarding should be configured on the front router, or contact your ISP to ask for a public IP if you are using a SIM card.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-11 13:56:07 - last edited 2023-08-11 14:05:20

@Sunshine 

Hi, thank you for the response.

192.168.1.1 is the MR200 LAN IP.

First, I use a SIM card to establish the internet connection.

Second, I use no-ip as a DDNS-service to get a public IP.

Unfortunately the OpenVPN connection doesn't work and holds on MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1691762680,WAIT

OpenVPN connection works when connecting locally therefore I assumed that some port forwarding was necessary when connecting from the outside.

Options
2023-08-14 06:19:28

@Jim2345 

Hi, if the Internet IPv4 address on the MR200 is a private IP address, port forwarding is needed on the front NAT instead of the MR200 itself, however, since you are using a SIM card only, the front NAT is on your ISP side, you will need to contact the ISP to assign you a public IP address directly.

By the way, DDNS will be bound to the public IP address, but it is only to fix the issue of dynamic public IP address, that is to say, it doesn't matter if the public IP address changes, however, it will not fix the NAT issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 410

Replies: 5

Related Articles