DECO X55 and Samsung Smart TV. Disconnects when TV is powered off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO X55 and Samsung Smart TV. Disconnects when TV is powered off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:DECO X55 and Samsung Smart TV. Disconnects when TV is powered off
2024-02-03 00:25:24

Same issue with my X73-DSL and Samsung Smart TV. The TV frequently has lost the connection to Wifi after turning it back on. Sometimes the Samsung network diagnostics will bring it back, other times perhaps once every couple of weeks, the only way to get it back is to reboot the Deco's. No issues with other devices and didn't have the issue with my previous router.

Options
2024-02-26 21:50:15

I can also confirm that this is definitely an issue with the TP-Link APs.

I have a Deco Mesh AX3000.

I used to have a regular TP-LINK AP, and did not have any issues with my 4 TV (3x Samsung, 1x Hisense).

It seems to disconnect after a period of being off. Then the TV has to be manually reconnected. Samsung being the most annoying because I have to reset the network. Luckily the Hisense remembers the password.

I also used to have an ASUS AP running custom firmware, and didn't have this issue.

I have both 2.4 and 5Ghz on the same named SSID, same password. Using WPA2, unfortunately the TVs couldn't connect using WPA3.

Anyone with an idea as to why and a work around?

It is annoying my wife a lot!!! 😭😭😭

Options
2024-02-26 21:51:57

@David-TP 

Any idea, this is a legitimate problem.

Some more info:

My mobile phones and Firestick seem to reconnect automatically, but are disconnected after a period of inactivity 

Options
2024-02-26 21:54:02

I've also set AP affinity for the TVs so they always connect to the closest AP. The TVs are between 3-4m away from the APs

Options
2024-02-26 22:12:31

My setup is like the third setup.

I have an NBN hybrid coax modem, connected to an Ubiquiti router, then the two Deco devices are connected to the router.

DNS is set to CloudFlare 1.1.1.1, and turned off DHCP on the APs, DHCP server is running on the Router

Graph

Options
2024-02-27 01:17:51

@XY-YX 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I don't think the Samsung Smart TV disconnection issue is related to Deco. When I google the key words, they are plenty of similar threads of Samsung Smart TV disconnection feedback, like https://computertechnicians.com.au/samsung-tv-keeps-disconnecting-from-wifi/

It would be great if you could connect the smart TVs via Ethernet cables to the nearby Deco access points.

It is also sugggested to refer to the Samsung TV Wi-Fi connection Troubleshooting guide here:

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/solving-wi-fi-connection-issues-on-your-samsung-tv/

Best regards.

Options
2024-02-27 01:41:47

@David-TP thanks for your reply.

After looking at some of the other work-around for Samsung TVs, I'll try the following:

- Split the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz channels by different SSID names

- Turn off mesh on the 2.4Ghz channel

Options
2024-02-28 10:11:52

@Spursrule Once again, you're not making any sense at all.

There are two meanings of your issue:

1. TV loses Wi-Fi when the screen is turned off/in standby mode

2. TV loses Wi-Fi when it's unplugged ("actually" turned off)

If it's case no. 2, then it's perfectly normal.

For case no. 1, it's Samsung's  fault, not Deco's. Check David-TP's comment above

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-02-28 18:27:47
I no longer have the issue, after contacting samsung support, they connected remotely to the TV and enabled some property in the TV config so whenever it turns on, it forces the TV to reconnect. It takes some seconds to power up compared to before, but at least internet is always available.
Options

Tags

Samsung
Related Articles