Router will not create a stable link to iPad 2021

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-13 07:22:44
Tags: #Ipad and router
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

This router fails to maintain a stable wifi connection to my new iPad 2021. The iPad connects readily at first, and after a time - sometimes minutes, sometimes an hour - it drops the connection with an error message ' incorrect password', and the SSID. To get it to reconnect I have to either turn the iPad off/on, turn the router off/on, do a reset of the iPad's netwrok, do a hard restore and so on. But whatever I do, the problem returns quickly. 

I have several other mac devices  - mac mini, macbook pro, iMac, and iPhone, and none have this problem. My previous iPad, which died with a cracked logic board recently, worked fine with this router.

Is this a dual-band issue?

Thanks

John

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router will not create a stable link to iPad 2021
2023-08-14 10:09:19

@Sago48 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. What is the firmware version of your Archer VR400 V3?

2. The new iPad connection issue happens on 2.4G or 5G WiFi or both bands? 

3. Please disable Smart Connect on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page, then try changing the WiFi channel and channel width to see if it helps.

4. Please check if the new iPad is using private address(random mac address) to connect the VR400 WiFi, if so, try disabling the private address and monitor again.

Options
Re:Router will not create a stable link to iPad 2021
2023-08-15 11:08:08

@Sunshine 

Hi there and thanks. I'll try your suggested changes when I've got time later on.

In fact I stopped thinking about the iPad and wondered if router settings were the issue. I still have my old router so I reinstalled that and the problem was solved.

I'm not very experienced on router settings. Both Apple and TP-Link suggested 'simpler' passwords (??) so I reinstalled the VR400 and tweaked the password. This worked, though I didn't really know why.  Your post should help me to understand and give me guidance for the next time this happen.

TP-Lnk seemed aware of the problem but Apple had nothing useful to suggest until I got to a very senior level.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 284

Replies: 2

Tags

Ipad and router
Related Articles