Smart Connect issue with OneMesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-15 06:28:57
Model: Archer C6U   Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi

I am currently using C6U v1 as primary router with C6 V4 as satellite router connect with OneMesh (wireless) setup between these 2.

Current i have 2 SSIDs published. 1 for 2.4Ghz and another one for 5Ghz. (Smart Connect disabled). This works good.

But, The moment i enable Smart Connect to publish same SSID for all clients (mobiles and laptops), Clients starts looping to connect in 2.5 and 5ghz for every few mins. Thus makes frequent disconnect of Network and unusable. 

Once i disable smart connect and revert with 2 SSIDs. it works good.

How can i fix this with same SSIDs for 2.4 and 5Ghz networks. Any help?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart Connect issue with OneMesh network
2023-08-15 07:21:39

@balakrishnan111 

Hi, when smart connect is enabled, the client device might switch between the two bands automatically, if it switches every few minutes, it could be caused by severe wireless interference in the environment or too many wireless client devices. In that case, it is not recommanded to enable smart connect any more.

If you would like to have one SSID, you could try to set the 2.4G SSID and 5G SSID to be the same, then try to adjust the wireless channel and channel width for both bands to see if the connection would be more stable with the same SSID.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Smart Connect issue with OneMesh network
2023-08-15 09:56:42

@Sunshine 

Thanks.

Smart connect was good while i was running a single router (C6 V4) with Smart connect turned on. It all started once i introduced OneMesh + additional satellite router for connectivity.

I don't think new clients are introduced if so i should have been encountered the same with single router as well?

I checked the band channels on the client i see atleast no interference as per the it shows. Both routers are running diff channels.

I suspect something related to the new OneMesh+ smart connect setup i added newly now.

Regarding Same SSID for both 2.5 and 5, i will try and confirm.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 642

Replies: 2

Related Articles