Support of VLAN with tagged and untagged traffic (TL-PA7017P KIT V4)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-15 08:01:25
Tags: #vlan
Model: TL-PA7017P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys,

I have connected several rooms in my house with the powerline adapters, because I could not easily pull some cables through the wall in my new apartment.

In my living room I have a firewall and defined on the eth1 several VLANs (untagged and tagged).

This cable then goes to the powerline adapter and sort of ends in the office where the other powerline adapter goes to a managed switch with multiple devices.

The untagged traffic with VLAN1 goes over flawlessly, but apparently the tagged traffic with 2/3/4/.... unfortunately not.

I don't see these arriving at my firewall.

Do I have to adjust anything on the powerline adapters or should the packets go through like this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Support of VLAN with tagged and untagged traffic (TL-PA7017P KIT V4)
2023-08-17 07:30:39

@CKa 

According to TP-Link both tagged and untagged VLANs should be carried - check this post.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 720

Replies: 1

Tags

vlan
Related Articles