Deco X90 note detecting wired connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-16 08:00:17
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230611 Rel.76835

Hardware Version:

Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Just set up my Deco X90 system . Able to connect devices over WiFi and it works great. However, When I tried to use the 2.5Gbps Ethernet port on sub unit in the other room , It doesnt assign ip address/not detecting. I tried connecting the device to Main unit as well on the same 2.5Gbps port. Same issue. Does anyone faced this issue , has any resolutions to solve this? 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco X90 note detecting wired connection
2023-08-17 08:05:13

@arunrpai 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you configured IPTV VLAN on the 2.5G port of the main Deco X90 under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPTV/VLAN>IPTV VLAN?

In case it is a hardware issue on the 2.5G Ethernet port, could you please refer to this link to change this unit to the satellite Deco to see whether its 2.5Ghz is able to provide an internet connection: How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options
2023-08-17 08:52:38 - last edited 2023-08-17 08:55:23

@David-TP when I tried configuring Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPTV/VLAN>IPTV VLAN, the deco light turned out to be red. I have two devices connected to sub deco x90. Wired connection on 1G port works fine. Issue is with the 2.5G wired connection. I tried on the main deco too, same issue. So might not be an issue with the device but setup. How to set that up to provide an ip address to connected device? 

Options
2023-08-17 09:44:16

@arunrpai 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Sorry that I might not say it clearly. the IPTV VLAN shouldn't be enabled otherwise there would be no internet from this port. So your configuration is absolutely correct.

The Ethernet Connection should be plug-and-play and no additional configuration is required.

So far, It is very likely that this physical port is broken.

A few days ago, there is another reported issue about the Ethernet connection issues on Deco---Optimize Ethernet Connection on Deco. But since Deco X90 is not included, I am not sure whether it had the same issue. I am checking with the engineers now but they haven't replied yet.

At the same moment, could you please help me run a simple test:

change the Ethernet duplex mode on the computer to 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps Full duplex to see whether it made any difference

(http://download.koncar-inem.hr/public/_genericki_driveri_i_ostalo/Intel_LAN_drivers/18_7_CD/PRO100/DOCS/SERVER/dupwindm.htm)

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options
2023-08-18 03:15:24 - last edited 2023-08-18 03:26:20

@David-TP Thanks for your message. I can wait till you get a response back from your support team. I am not connecting a laptop but another device to this port which is working  well with an ARCHER VR2800 router that i am now replacing with.. I dont have lan port on my laptops. But let me try that by organizing one from someone. 

Options
2023-08-18 03:35:21

@arunrpai 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

I also got the update from the engineers earlier today and they confirmed the current firmware on Deco X90 did not have the issue ported on other models. So currently, we think it is very likely a broken port on this specific Deco X90. It would be great if you could get a laptop to test whether there would be any change after changing the duplex speed.  But if nothing happened, I am afraid you might need to contact the shop retailer to replace a new kit.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 291

Replies: 5

Related Articles