Deco parental control website block not working

Deco parental control website block not working

50 Reply
Re:Deco parental control website block not working
2023-09-15 22:13:55

I have exaclely the same issue.... Have Deco M5, and parent control was working perfectly fine until a few weeks ago, until it stopped working completely and without explanation. Not only regular parent control by age range has stopped working, but also filter of specific websites or internet address in profiles... everything stopped working from one day to another.

Seems like a pretty serious issue since it's not easy to block content in an efficient way with regular software... I have temporally installed a few adult content blockers as Chrome Extensions, but they are very easy to fool or uninstall. 

TP-Link team: are you working on this issue and giving it the importance it deserves??

Thanks,

Luciano

Options
2023-09-16 09:42:34

I don't understand why this much delay in fixing an issue in this modern tech world! I can't share any devices connected to internet to my kids anymore! Frustrating really.. Schools days and weekends are now more stressful than ever.. Dear internet God please help TP-link here. 

Options
2023-09-17 07:55:41

@David-TP The issue is about firmware.

Options
2023-09-18 09:50:34

@PinoC 

@ldelio 

@AnnoyedDad 

@TramDan 

The firmware for Deco M5-1.7.3 is in the release process now. It could be gradually detected on the Deco APP within this week.

If you want to test the firmware now, please leave me a message and I could check with the engineer whether we could get an early-access version first.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-09-21 05:05:58

@David-TP 

Where are they releasing the new firmware? Been waiting for weeks!

Deco M5 (Australia).

Options
2023-09-21 07:46:02

@Genx23 

Hi, It is in the release process and you can go to APP>>More>>System>>Update Deco to see whether you are able to detect the new 1.7.3 firmware.

If not, you could try to manually update the following firmware on the web UI:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/619056?replyId=1240618

Best regards.

Options
2023-09-23 13:21:52

@David-TP 

I have the same issue on Deco M9.  It had worked perfectly until a couple of weeks ago.  However, Deco M9 stopped working for parental control.  It does not work/filter anything at all.  I already checked my firmware saying up to the latest version.

Could you help me how to fix this problem?

Options
2023-09-24 10:41:20
hi, manually upgraded fw to 1.7.3 and recreated profiles and all looking good now..
Options
2023-09-24 10:42:41

@David-TP 1.7.3 has fixed issues for my M5, thanks a lot!

Options
2023-09-25 06:44:02 - last edited 2023-09-25 06:46:01

@David-TP 

Dear David,

I have been a very happy user of the P7 Deco parental controls for years now, until last night. Last night my daughter was confronted suddenly with adult content and she was very upset about it.  After conducting a few tests, I concluded the parental blocking stopped working! It would be a nice gesture of TP-Link to inform their customers and provide some kind of apology! Many parents may not be aware of this issue while their children are being exposed to inappropriate content! Please take action!

It gives hope to see here that a new firmware is being released. Please, can you confirm that for the P7 a new firmware will be released and when?

Many thanks in advance.

Gerry 

West-Europe

Options
Related Articles