Network down (more or less)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-21 06:46:38
Model: Deco M5   Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

I have a network with 1 M5 (main) and 2 X50-PoE in my apartment. The M5 is connected directly to the fiber box of my ISP. I installed the X50:s about 10 days ago and they run on PoE. Yesterday the network suddenly became completely unstable. Clients are unable to connect regardless of whether they are wired or wireless. Some clients work temporarily but then get thrown out. There is no consistency to the type of client that can connect or that can't. But most of the wired clients like printer, file server and TV don't work at all. The network usually has about 20-25 connected clients but now it's down to 3-5. Trying to connect for example my Kindle to WiFi yields an error message that the network is unavailable or something similar. I tried to replace the M5 with another one but there was no change. Does anyone have an idea?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Network down (more or less)
2023-08-22 03:25:45

@P_Wo 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Is the network topology like this:

/---Deco X50-POE

main ISP modem--->main Deco M5--->POE switch------Deco X50-POE

Can I have the model number of the POE switch here?

And have you ever noticed any Deco turn red during the disconnection?

---Could you please refer to this link to help me check which case is quite like yours---Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network? Is it case 3?

How about the dropping frequency, like how many times within one day or if it is reproduced in a short time?

And I noticed your Deco M5 is on firmware 1.6.5. the latest firmware now is 1.7.1. Maybe you could also update M5 to be the latest version first:

Deco M5_1.7.1 Build 20230608

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Network down (more or less)
2023-08-22 07:02:33

@David-TP Thank you for replying. I chatted with customer service yesterday and they told me to make one of the X50:s the main unit because it is "higher" than the M5. So far that seems to work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 128

Replies: 2

Related Articles