Routing Internet traffic over IPSec tunnel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-22 09:27:51
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 220518 Rel.41627n

Hi

I have 2 locations both with the same Archer VR2100 router. Let's call them home A and home B.

I would like the internet traffic from B to be routed via A, so that all internet traffic in both homes appears to come from home A. 

I was hoping to do this with OpenVPN, but I didn't realise that the Archer VR2100 can only operate as an OpenVPN Server and not as an OpenVPN Client (not sufficiently clear from TP-Link marketing materials IMHO).

I'm aware that I can set up an IPSec VPN between the 2 locations, but how would I ensure that the internet traffic from home B would appear to come from home B?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ian

Options
1 Reply
Re:Routing Internet traffic over IPSec tunnel
2023-08-22 16:49:52 - last edited 2023-08-22 18:34:55

@IanDo 

If you're trying to configure an IPSec tunnel between your VR2100, here's how.

If you want to route all the traffic through a VPN server, i.e. accessing the internet by using the VPN Server as a gateway, IPSec  won't do the job - check this FAQ.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 308

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles