Deco x20 firmware out dated

2023-08-23 04:47:58
Tags: #Firmware
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.2

Good morning. I bought the deco x20 mesh 3 pack since I was struggling with some devices not connecting to the nearest node. To my surprise, after setup, I realized that the connection preferences option was not there. After some online search I found out that there are several versions of this model and the older ones has a very outdated firmware. I also found out that these versions were released as there was the chip shortage not because there is any difference between them (only hardware). So my question is why certain versions had a firmware update with the connection preferences option and others didn't? Is there any plan to update it on v1, v1.2 versions also? If not, I will have to search for a different brand. Thanks 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco x20 firmware out dated
2023-08-25 11:46:48 - last edited 2023-08-25 11:50:52

@Mzifrit 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

It is planned to gradually roll out similar firmware on different Deco models. For the old out-of-stock versions or the EOL models,  they are considered a lower priority and the firmware release cycle would take longer than other new models.

And supporting connection preference might not be the only solution to fix why some devices not connecting to the nearest node. It is also suggested to refer to the following FAQ:

Why my clients don't roam/connect to the nearest Deco node?

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-26 07:33:49

@David-TP Hi. These units have a firmware over 2 years old (last firmware is dated march 2021). Dont you think that enough time? Also I already tried the other suggestions but some devices for some reason decides to connect to the farest node thats why this feature is fundamental. Thanks again for your reply.

Options
2023-10-26 18:25:21

It's a real joke. I have 6 x20 v2. We need the choose your node feature. 2 years and still waiting for an update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 3

Tags

Firmware
Related Articles