Lost Ethernet Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lost Ethernet Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Lost Ethernet Connection
Lost Ethernet Connection
2023-08-23 15:43:58 - last edited 2023-08-24 00:51:46
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have used the kit successfully to connect my deskttop and Smart TV to the router.

Connection for a second Smart TV was patchy using its pre-installed WiFi connector, so you suggested adding a WPA8630P 

This I did, successfully paired it and logged on to the network.

However, connections for the first Smart TV and desktop have now failed and the relevant network says "no internet connection" although TP Link SF34 shows a strong signal

I have removed the WPA8630 P but it makes no difference.

How can I restore the ethernet connections to the desktop and TV

Thanks

Derek Foulds

Options
2 Reply
Re:Lost Ethernet Connection
2023-08-23 19:34:02 - last edited 2023-08-24 00:51:34

@Derek_Foulds 

Hi,

Is the "Powerline" LED still lit on the Powerline unit to which the first Smart TV connects? In case it's not, then try to re-pair that unit. (the Powerline LED is the one with the pictogram that resembles a house)

Also, if possible you might want to install the "tpPLC Utility" on a PC or Mac and run it. It can show you detailed information about your Powerline network and could be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

Options
Re:Lost Ethernet Connection
2023-08-29 07:04:36

@woozle Thank you - all sorted now

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 427

Replies: 2

Related Articles