Issues with Deco and Amazon Echo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-25 16:42:38
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Hi,
It has been a few weeks since I have been having problems with my Alexa Echo Dot devices.

Initially, I thought it was because of a firmware update from Amazon. But then I realised that I had added to my Deco network the new Deco PX50.

The devices appear connected to the Deco network, but if I try to execute voice commands to stream music, for example, it says that I have no internet connection.

Those devices were working correctly before adding the PX50 as the main node.

I tried to connect the Echo devices using another router, and I have no issues. 

Just once, during my tests, it worked with the new Deco network, and after a few hours, I started to have the same issues.

I have also tried to disable the Mesh for these devices, the Fast Roaming and Beamforming flags, but there is no difference.

I had a look at the tp-link forums and apparently, this has been an issue for several people also with different Deco models but I could not find any solution or workaround.

Thank you for your help

Gabriele

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issues with Deco and Amazon Echo
2023-08-28 10:16:49

@Birillo 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Can I have the model numbers of other Deco in the Mesh?

Please refer to the following suggestions to see whether they helped:

1. Change the WAN DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

And did it make any difference if you plug the Echo next to other non-PX50 Models?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Issues with Deco and Amazon Echo
2023-08-29 07:22:19 - last edited 2023-08-29 07:22:50

Hi @David-TP and thank you for your reply,
I tried with the change to the DNS but this does not solve the issue.

I have 3 types of Deco:
PX50 (set as main and as AP)

X50

M9Plus

I started to have issues with the introduction of the PX50.

Note that as a router I use a TP-Link ER605. But I did not make any change to it in the latest months.

Thank you

Gabriele

Options