DECO XE75 loses internet connection on reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-25 17:44:03
Tags: #Troubleshooting
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Hi,

I have had my Deco system for a couple of months on a 1Gb internet connection. The main Deco connected to the fibre modem via ethernet, the WAN connection gets its IP via DHCP.

I have my reboot schedule set for a daily reboot. Roughly once a week, after a few sucessful reboots, the Deco will go red, no amount of power cycling or rebooting the devices or the modem brings the internet connection back. The rest of the mesh networks continues to work, but no internet.

I can plug the router from my ISP into the modem and everything works properly, I can also plug laptops right into the modem and get connection. So no issue with the modem or the internet connection.

To get the Deco working again, it has to be powered off and idle for about 6-8 hours (probably the time for the ISP to offer up a new DHCP address), and on connection to the modem, all will work, until it dosent and we go round again.

I have cloned the MAC from the ISP router and the issue persists, and the ISP does not MAC limit connections because i can directly connect other devices to the model and they work perfectly. So its an issue with the Deco.

I am using the recommended DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1). If I put the ISP router to the modem, and use the Deco in AP mode, everything works as expected.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:DECO XE75 loses internet connection on reboot
2023-08-28 06:38:35

@circles 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you please help me check the following details as well:

1. Could you please help me save a screenshot of the iPV4 settings on the Deco APP>More>Internet connection when Deco was red after the reboot schedule?

2. Are you able to reproduce this issue via a manual reboot via Deco APP?

3. May I know your internet service provider and the model number of your ISP modem?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 368

Replies: 1

Tags

Troubleshooting
Related Articles