Force Deco Connection Map

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-29 09:40:28
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

I've done a good bit of searching but I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

I have a long single level house with three deco units in essentially a straight line. Living Room (Main), Hallway, Bedroom. 
Ideally the connection should follow that order, however the bedroom unit keeps connecting directly to the main unit, passing over the middle node in the hallway. This leaves me with a terrible connection. After multiple reboots, sometimes it will connect correctly and the connection is perfect, Jumping from 5mbps to 150mbps. How can I force this connection pattern?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Force Deco Connection Map
2023-08-29 11:29:02

@emmetbroaders 

The similar issue has been discussed here, with workaround: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/619564

Options
2023-08-29 15:42:13

@Alexandre. This really just says to do what I've already done though? I can keep unplugging the final node all I want, but eventually it's going to default a couple of days later and I'll have to do it again. Never mind the fact I won't know it's happened until the signal becomes unbearably slow. 

I don't understand why it's only a single version of a single deco that has the programmed ability to do this.

Options
2023-08-29 19:18:32

@emmetbroaders 

It is not just single vesrion of a single Deco model that has configurable connection settings, but S7 is not on the list: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/614754

Can you add distance between Main Deco and Bedroom unit? Just few more feet/meters could be enough.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 3

Related Articles