Internet often disconnects for a couple seconds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-30 01:26:20 - last edited 2023-08-30 09:33:07
Tags: #Disconnecting
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.20

Hello,

I have a TP-Link RE450 extender that works perfect, when it works. But pretty often, maybe 2 times an hour, i'm getting disconnected for a couple seconds. All LEDs on the extender is also ON when im disconnected. 

The weird thing is that when im playing a game and using voice communication software like Discord, im only getting disconnected from one of the programs.

I'm getting disconnected from using the internet each time though.

The error message in Google Chrome tells me that the ''DNS server couldn't be found'' or something like that.

I've tried rebooting and going through the setup several times without luck, i've also tried switching to high speed mode also without luck. Flushing DNS in CMD also didn't do much. 

I'm also using a ethernet cable from my PC to the extender, but the WIFI is also getting disconnected for those seconds, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Looking forward to hearing if there's anything i could do to prevent this

Thanks!smiley

EDIT: Feels like maybe this is happening when the Extender switches channels or something along those lines, since alot of the settings are set to auto. I didn't have this problem on my previous RE200 when it was set to a specific 2,4gHz and 5gHz channel.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet often disconnects for a couple seconds
2023-08-31 11:03:21

@jmonkas 

Hi, since the latest firmware of RE450 supports EasyMesh, may I know the model number of your main router? Did you create an EasyMesh between the main router and the extender?

When the internet drops out, do you need to restart RE450 to get the internet back? or would it restore automatically a few seconds later?

The wireless channels of RE450 follow the main router so if possible, you could try to specify a fixed wireless channel for 2.4ghz and 5ghz on the main router.

By the way, May I know how long you have had the RE450?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Internet often disconnects for a couple seconds
2023-08-31 13:30:54

@David-TP 

Hi,

I have not created an EasyMesh between main router and the extender. 

When it drops out i usually get connection back withing 10sec automatically.

On my previous RE200 i was able to specify which channels i want to use, but i can't see that option on the new TP-Link setup page or with the Tether app.

I've had this extender for only 3 weeks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 301

Replies: 2

Tags

Disconnecting
Related Articles