Remote Login via Tether App or Client List Stops Working after Updating 1.13.1 Build 230609 Firmware

Remote Login via Tether App or Client List Stops Working after Updating 1.13.1 Build 230609 Firmware

27 Reply
Re:Remote Login via Tether App or Client List Stops Working after Updating 1.13.1 Build 230609 Firmware
2023-09-11 12:46:37 - last edited 2023-09-13 09:36:01

@Sunshine 

Why is nothing happening for so long with the release of a new firmware that solves the mentioned problems? I dont see new firmware yet for mentioned Archer C6 v4...

Thanks

Options
Re:Remote Login via Tether App or Client List Stops Working after Updating 1.13.1 Build 230609 Firmware
2023-09-14 10:49:59

@ImEasy 

Hi, any news regarding fw release ? Nothing new on global site: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-c6/#Firmware

I bought 3 C6 devices and installed and set up a complete local network, and now I have a problem with incorrect data I see for clients on the network in the Tether app..

Options
2023-09-15 07:09:22 - last edited 2023-09-15 07:09:31

@ImEasy 

Hi, currently only new firmware for C80 V1 has been released, other models will release new firmware gradually including the C6 V4, but no expected time can be given now.

It is recommended to try the beta firmware if necessary.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-15 07:25:30 - last edited 2023-09-15 07:36:21

@Archundias 

Thank you very much for the feedback, we have confirmed with our senior engineer, it is normal that the Mesh Devices list only show satellite devices and their client devices, which is the same for previous firmware as well.

If you would like to check all the client devices, please click "Clients" on the Network Map where all client devices will be listed.

Archundias wrote

@endless_despair One thing I did notice is that in the client´s list I don´t see the ones that are connected to my main router... I´m pretty damn sure we had the total number of devices before, not just the ones connected to the satellites. It´s pretty annoying.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-29 15:55:02

@Sunshine

Hi,

When you will update Tether app/routerfirmware in order to fix:  The client list on the router's Web GUI or Tether App may appear empty or display incorrect information.  This bug hits c64 v4 as confirmed in this post initially.

Two months have passed since the announcement that this error will be fixed with a new firmware and update of the Tether application. It is very frustrating that when you want to manage the router using the phone, the data on connected clients is completely incorrect compared to what can be seen through the web application. That's why the app looks fancy but useless.

For a basic user who is okay with just having a good-looking application on his phone, this can go like this, but for us more advanced users who actually use the application seriously, this is not okay.

Please do not recommend us to use the beta version of the firmware. That is fine for an emergency situation, but considering that so much time has passed, it is necessary to provide support for users in terms of a permanent solution.

Thanks

Options
2023-10-30 02:12:39

@ImEasy 

Hi, I assume you mean Archer C6 V4, and upon checking, the new firmware is ready now and in releasing process on the cloud and also official website, it will be available soon, please pay close attention in the next two weeks.

Options
2023-10-30 09:28:54

@Sunshine 

Thanks, those are good news. Yes, sorry, that is correct i am talking about C6 v4.

Options