Moved House and wifi still showing old House Details

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-30 08:08:43 - last edited 2023-08-31 07:44:10

Hi

Sorry if asked before, Ive moved house and CHANGED ISP and want to use the Wi-Fi from my TP-LINK ADAPTERS, But it shows as the old house provider (sky) and I cannot find the password for that and assume its not going to work as Im now on Virgin.

The app wont find any of the adapters as it says to log into the adapter/sky . I cannot log on to the tp link wi-fi from my phone, I dont have anything at home that I can use Lan cable, except my firestick/TV

I have a Lan into my TV from the TPlink and works fine !

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

Phil

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Moved House and wifi still showing old House Details-Solution
2023-08-30 09:53:12 - last edited 2023-08-31 07:44:10

@bwfcphil 

You didn't mention the model number of the Powerline adapter, but usually there is a small recessed RESET button somewhere near the LAN port of the Powerline adapter.

While the adapter is powered on (plugged into a wall socket) press that little button for a few seconds. That will reset the Powerline adapter to factory settings, including its wireless network name and password.

You can find the factory-set SSID (network name) and wireless password printed on the label on the backside of the Powerline adapter (need to unplug it from the wall socket to be able to see it) and then connect your phone or other wireless device to it to perform the setup procedure.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Moved House and wifi still showing old House Details
2023-08-30 08:24:54
Might be be stupid, do the adapters have there own passwords ?
Options
Re:Moved House and wifi still showing old House Details-Solution
2023-08-30 09:53:12 - last edited 2023-08-31 07:44:10

@bwfcphil 

You didn't mention the model number of the Powerline adapter, but usually there is a small recessed RESET button somewhere near the LAN port of the Powerline adapter.

While the adapter is powered on (plugged into a wall socket) press that little button for a few seconds. That will reset the Powerline adapter to factory settings, including its wireless network name and password.

You can find the factory-set SSID (network name) and wireless password printed on the label on the backside of the Powerline adapter (need to unplug it from the wall socket to be able to see it) and then connect your phone or other wireless device to it to perform the setup procedure.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Moved House and wifi still showing old House Details
2023-08-30 11:11:01
Thank you
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 360

Replies: 3

Related Articles