Yellow lines on the plastic cover

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-30 10:20:39
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

Hi all,

just noticed recently that i have this yellow line from the top to bottom of DECO M4, i have two units connected together with ethernet cable with around 40 connected devices. Is this normal, would that be caused by overheating of the device? Should I be worried? Both units have the same appearance. 

Thank you for any feedback. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Yellow lines on the plastic cover
2023-08-31 02:14:43

@Harant 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Due to the design of the Deco M4, there is plenty of room left for heat dissipation and it is unlikely to be caused by overheating. Did you feel warm or hot when touching the white shell of Deco?

Have you ever noticed how long it has been like this? White plastic can turn yellow due to a variety of reasons, including exposure to sunlight, heat, and certain chemicals.

By the way, did Deco still work well with this yellow line?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-08-31 06:53:53

@David-TP 

Hello David,

i wouldn´t say hot but warm? Yes it is warm. It´s also not under direct sunglight, and it developed on the same spot on two units both in different located in different rooms. I noticed only recently so i´m not sure how long it can be that way. Probably couple of weeks. I also didn´t notice any performance issues.

Options
2023-09-02 09:47:22

@Harant  Same thing here on one unit. It is the main one and looks just like in your picture. I have 4 in total: One other unit has it, but about have as much as the main unit, while the other 2 have none off it. Sort of weird since I bought 3 of them at the same time in 2019 as a set. So why two have it in different degrees and one of them does not, feels a bit strange to me. The newest one from 2020 also does not have the yellowing. They are all not in direct sunlight. Wonder or it is just the effect of light and time on the white cover, the amount of exposure on each unit could be the difference in yellowing then, but it still feels quickly to me for that to happen.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 3

Related Articles