Cannot detect SIM Card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot detect SIM Card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot detect SIM Card
Cannot detect SIM Card
2023-09-01 16:00:28
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I have a DECO x50-5g that I recently purchased from Amazon UK. I have previously had a TP-link dualband dual CA 4G router. I put the SIM card into the new DECO x50-5g router and it worked fine in 4G for couple weeks. I have upgraded my contract to 5G with a new SIM but when I insert it into the DECO x50-5g it does not detect it. 

Its not the SIM card as I have tested it in the old 4G TP-Link unit and in my iPhone and it work in both . But sadly now the DECO x50-5g cant detect it when I run the comissioning after a reset (I reset the small button beside the SIM card).

Now I have no connectivity :-(

Any ideas.....how do I return the unit ?

B

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot detect SIM Card
2023-09-04 06:09:12

@Ben_Colgan 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of the old TP-Link 4G router?

And what is your new 5G SIM Carrier?

If we put the original 4G SIM back to Deco X50-5G, is it still able to detect the old SIM card?

Please also try to take out the SIM card and reset the hardware without the SIM card, then put the SIM back.

Can I also have a screenshot of the internet settings page here:

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 1

Related Articles