Parental Control not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parental Control not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:Parental Control not working
2023-09-04 14:27:00

I had advice from TP-Link customer support this morning where they provided another firmware version. The issue was the same though unfortunately. So I'm still having problems.

It used to work but the Parental Control function no longer has any affect on the devices listed under a profile. I don't know when this stopped working, it has been left running nicely for over a year so I didn't have to monitor it. 

I've today tried some testing again, and sat in front of our laptop, added it to a test profile, and nothing I do allows me to stop Internet access to that PC. Other than selecting "block" under "Clients". The profile device IP address and MAC address is correct, and matches what is under my "Clients" list.

I've tried setting up Parental Control 3 ways: using Tether on android, ios, and logged in to the router with Chrome.

Attached are screenshots although there is nothing really useful to get from them. Basically, Parental Controls has no affect on any device. I have no idea how the Parental Controls component can become so detached from the rest of the system, it's a mystery!

File:
screenshots.pdfDownload
Options
2023-09-04 14:29:45

@Sunshine

Thanks for the advice. Yes the time is correct, and IP/MAC address matches.

Options
2023-09-04 21:38:08 - last edited 2023-09-04 21:42:22

@MH59 
I am having the same issues.  The parent control used to work, but with the new updates some reason, it is not working it. 

Even if I pause the connection of the client and verify that matches the MAC address of that client, I still have access to browse internet sites.    The only thing that works is blocking the client, but that doesn't solve the problem of montioring time and automaticall pausing when it exceeds the threshold.

Firmware Version :
1.3.3 Build 20230719 rel.78410(5553)

Hardware Version :
Archer AX10000 v1.0

Options
Re:Parental Control not working-Solution
2023-09-05 08:48:07 - last edited 2023-09-06 03:49:03

@MH59 @Shutupandshave @all2neat @mgj_1984 

Hi All,

We have reported the parental control issue to our senior engineers, they are actively working to resolve this issue and restore the functionality as quickly as possible.

Please pay attention to this thread for future update and solution: HomeCare Parental Control Suddenly Stopped Working

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-06 08:30:23

@Sunshine 

Hello, 

I want to add, that this issue is not only connected with Archer AX10000 v1.0

I bought AX50  v1.0

Firmware 1.0.12 Build 20230829 rel. 65811 

and I'm experiencing exatly the same problems. 

I'm waiting for good news from you

Best regards, 
Paweł 

Options
2023-09-17 07:40:33

@MH59 Thank you for raising this concern. 

The same issue on my end. It's not working after the update.

I've already deleted and recreated the profiles and tested new profile as well new devices for isolation, but still not working, which worked in the past.

Options
2023-09-18 01:20:33

@Pawel_J  Thank you very much for the feedback. New firmwares are in releasing process now to solve the problem for both AX11000 V1 and also AX50 V1, please pay attention to the router web GUI for new firmware update.

Pawel_J wrote

@Sunshine 

Hello, 

I want to add, that this issue is not only connected with Archer AX10000 v1.0

I bought AX50  v1.0

Firmware 1.0.12 Build 20230829 rel. 65811 

and I'm experiencing exatly the same problems. 

I'm waiting for good news from you

Best regards, 
Paweł 

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-18 01:21:39

@Kardo_Ramos 

I just saw you in another thread and already replied, please check and also pay attention to any new firmware update on your router web GUI.

Options
2023-09-18 01:24:59

@Sunshine thank you! Any ideas when the update will be available for download?

Options
2023-09-18 07:43:35 - last edited 2023-09-18 07:46:12

@Sunshine 

Sorry for late reply I didn't realise you commented back to me personally 

I have the ax72 v.1 on latest software  1.2.1 build 20230626 rel 36899

I was just giving a heads up that the parent controls do not work if a user on the network has a vpn on their device. 

My son 13 found a work around by installing a vpn on his mobile phone aswell as his windows pc. 

He was able to get around the Internet cut out times aswell as all the age restriction categories like adult sites ect even when i had put in the actual website name to be blocked, and you only get 32 entries before you can't enter anymore. I've put in vague websites names hoping it will cover a wide variety of named sites 

If he had activated the vpn before his Internet access was cut off he would be able to access all the above. 

After recent events he's had all that stripped off him, all that he's left with is his xbox amd so far the cut off ect are working as far as I'm aware as I'm not sure if you can download or activate a vpn on a xbox( I'm not xbox savvy)

Since he's not been able to my knowledge been able to access or use a vpn the parental controls have worked 

Not sure if this is a software issue but thought I'd pipe in just incase any other parents are wondering how their kids are beating the system and are upto stuff they shouldn't be 👍🏻

Options
Related Articles