Seguridad+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Seguridad+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Seguridad+
Seguridad+
2023-09-02 19:07:28
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I use 3 Decos at home.

In the app, I can see an offer for SEGURIDAD+

I am interested.

Could you please let me know if the mentioned security+ is only active using my own WIFI at home, or is it usefull in my portable devices  conecting in any WIFI outside?

Thanks for helping.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Seguridad+
2023-09-04 09:10:59

@AnFe 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

You can refer to the instruction here:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/homeshield/

The Securiy+ is only active using Deco WIFI at home. But the Total Security Package is okay for portable devices.

Options
2023-09-05 00:49:57 - last edited 2023-09-05 00:53:23

@David-TP that doesn't quite answer the question.

I asked a similar question already about it but I admit it was very open ended.

But an answer to this question is essentially what I'm after.

The url you mentioned does have more information than I have seen previously but it doesn't answer the question of what the Total Security Package actually provides.

For example, with the Total Security Package you get an email from Avira about your account being created and that all you need to do is set your password and you can install the product.

But what does that mean, the product that's installed looks great and seems to work well but it's absolutely useless if you can't protect "all" the household computers.

So how many household computers can I use with this?

The mobile security app that can be installed implies it can be used for as many mobile devices as you need while you maintain the subscription, is that really the case?

Is that any household member's mobile devices, I guess installed as me but used by them?

The VPN, what does that get you?

It looks like it gets installed on computers so can you use it on them?

Do you get unlimited volume usage or some more or less useless limit (like 100MB) and then have to pay another subscription for the extended VPN volume usage?

What about the VPN that appears to be available after install on the mobile devices?

I would appreciate answers to these questions as it very much affects the value proposition of the package subscription and it's cost.

Ian

Options
2023-09-06 12:23:52 - last edited 2023-09-06 12:26:17

@raven-au 

Hi, I do remember there were two HomeShield posts on the weekend, and Sorry I haven't had time to check the reply yetblush. I just replied to the other post but I think I might need to confirm with the senior engineer again for more details. I think there is no limitation on how many devices can install the software but in case I made any mistakes, please wait for a while for the further updated information.

PS: Do you have any other confusion about the Total security package? Maybe I could try to locate more details in case of further inquiries from other users?

Thank you again for your time and patience.

best regards.

Options
2023-09-07 00:57:06 - last edited 2023-09-07 00:57:43

David-TP wrote

PS: Do you have any other confusion about the Total security package? Maybe I could try to locate more details in case of further inquiries from other users?

@David-TP I don't think there's anything else apart from whether I can protect all the computer devices and mobile devices in the household. I'll wait to hear from you,laugh

And thanks very much.

Options
2023-09-07 07:14:34

@raven-au 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

One TP-link Avira Prime subscription covers up to 5 devices.

This software would integrate Antivirus protection and Unlimited VPN as well as other features. It could be installed on mobile devices as well and the VPN volume usage is unlimited.

Options
2023-09-08 09:05:24

@David-TP right, that's not going to work for me I'm afraid as I have 6 computers and quite a few modile devices in the house.

The Orbi Armor (ie. Bitdefender) security subscription was an unlimited number of installs but has a limited VPN which was better for me since the VPN is of limited value for a number of reasons. Mind you it was also a little more expensive.

I'll see how the Deco security features go for a year but don't think I'll be renewing.

Options
2023-09-08 09:50:35

raven-au wrote

@David-TP right, that's not going to work for me I'm afraid as I have 6 computers and quite a few modile devices in the house.

The Orbi Armor (ie. Bitdefender) security subscription was an unlimited number of installs but has a limited VPN which was better for me since the VPN is of limited value for a number of reasons. Mind you it was also a little more expensive.

I'll see how the Deco security features go for a year but don't think I'll be renewing.

Now that I think about it, it's not that simple.

I'll end up having a couple more laptops around too.

So to get coverage I would need to pay an additional AU$80 on top of the AU$145 which is more than I have paid before but would be needed to cover everything and would only be reasonably close to the value of the competition if the mobile device allowed installs was unlimited.

And then the system would need to work, the parental controls have some problems and aren't as sophisticated (as granular) as what I have seen elsewhere so far so the value proposition is bit hard to swallow.

But then the DHCP server is quite broken on the Orbi and can cause me to take hours to reboot. I just can't put up with that any more and ASUS simply don't have the On-The-Go security at all but the rest is free, tempting but the firmware is just a bit to flaky and inconsistent on a few to many of their products to really want to use them!

It is quite difficult ...

Clearly TP-Link has stiff competition in this area but I do like the Deco system!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 341

Replies: 7

Related Articles