one adapter failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

one adapter failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
one adapter failed
one adapter failed
2023-09-03 17:08:34
Model: TL-PA4010  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ??

I use a pair of these adaptors for comms between a control panel and a wind turbine nacelle. The one at ground level has failed(no lights/life at all). If I replace that one, will it pair with the one up in the4 nacelle?

Options
1 Reply
Re:one adapter failed
2023-09-03 20:01:06 - last edited 2023-09-03 20:13:00

@ronvoe 

Hi,

Provided you have noted down or photographed the "Powerline Key" (sometimes called "Password") that is printed on a label on the backside of the Powerline adapter you've installed in the nacelle, then yes, you can pair it with another brand new Powerline adapter on the ground level by using the "tpPLC Utility".

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1615/

Otherwise you would likely need to physically get access to the Pair button of the Powerline adapter up in the nacelle.

According to the user manual a new TL-PA4010 adapter may also be added by simply plugging it in "near" an existing Powerline adapter, but I would not count on this working over the distance from the ground level to the nacelle.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 1

Related Articles