HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working

HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working

143 Reply
Re:HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working
2023-10-08 11:06:23 - last edited 2023-10-08 11:07:42

ShanoDD wrote

Ok so my AX50 is blocking internet traffic like through a browser. But YouTube works flawlessly. The pause button on profiles seems to have been utterly stuffedup.

@ShanoDD 

Hi, do you mean YouTube app cannot be blocked but other websites like youtube.com can be blocked successfully? And pause button doesn't take effect at all?

And what is your current firmware version on the AX50 V1?

@888star could you please confirm if your AX50 V1 is having the same issue with YouTube app and pause button only?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-08 11:09:39

Javilonas wrote

@Sunshine 

I've just updated my AX50 router with the firmware from https://static.tp-link.com/upload/firmware/2023/202309/20230927/Archer%20AX50(UE)_V1_230907.zip, and so far, everything is working fine

Version: 1.0.13 Build 20230907 rel.67739(4555)

@Javilonas 

Thanks a lot for the feedback, glad to hear that it solves the problem.

By the way, may I know whether you block YouTube App successfully and pause internet works as well? since some other users are still having some issues, those information will be quite helpful, thanks in advance!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-08 12:21:24

@Sunshine 

As I mentioned in my previous message, everything works as it should, at least all the tests I have been running for the last few hours are correct ;)

I will continue testing to see if I can reproduce the errors that other users comment on, but so far I have not been able to reproduce those errors or problems with this latest version.

Options
2023-10-09 00:55:08

@Javilonas 

Thanks again for the valuable feedback, hope you could enjoy the internet!

Options
2023-10-09 18:44:48

@Sunshine 

when will the C3150 v2 firmware be available?

Options
2023-10-10 14:09:31

@Sunshine for the X60 - i see its releasing since Sept 26 2023. Can you provide an estimated date for the X60 firmware update? 

Options
2023-10-11 13:51:55

@Sunshine 

Hi Sunshine,

I just came across this thread yesterday while searching for tips on why my parental controls were no longer working.  I think I have a new issue related to this problem that I was hoping you (or someone with the same model also having issues) could confirm.

I noticed the same issue as others where my parental controls had stopped working.  Before finding this thread I tried rebooting the router and upgrading the firmware, however neither fixed the issue.  After playing around a bit I found that with the latest firmware I can either use access control (white list) OR parental controls, however I cannot use them at the same time.  If the white list access control is on/active then it stops all parental controls from taking effect.  Time restrictions get ignored and pausing the internet no longer works.  As soon as I turn off Access Control the Parental Controls immidiately start taking effect and access is blocked.

I'm guessing this issue was introduced with the latest firmware in an effort to fix the original issue of parental controls not working.  I've been able to repeatedly demonstrate the issue with my router.  Curious if other models also have the same issue.

System Details:

Router: Archer A20 V3

Firmware: 1.0.5 Build 20230906 rel 26395

Issue: Access Control (white list) and Parent Controls cannot be used together.  Parent Control gets disabled/ignored when Access Control is active.

Thanks,

FF

Options
2023-10-14 14:53:44

@Sunshine thanks for all your hard work and providing new firmware! I have upgraded my Archer AX50 v1.0 to 1.0.13 Build 20230906 rel.40682(5553) however I have no history for any of my established profiles. Is there a workaround or recommendation you can make? Do I need to recreate these profiles? Something else?

Here's the recent system log in case it's helpful:

I'm happy to SSH into the router and gather any other logs or information you may need. However, I noticed port 22 is not open. 

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Best, 

ALK0

Options
2023-10-14 15:57:52
Update for the c3150 popup up last night. Parental controls seem to work again. Thx!!! Better add the c3150 to the available firmwares on the first post
Options
2023-10-14 17:40:01

@Sunshine 

I installed the 20230906 firmware update for the AX50 maybe a week or two ago. It worked fine for web filtering after the update. Today (10/14/23) I checked, and the filtering is NOT working again. Can you please help to see that the solution is more permanent? 

Thank you!

Options
Related Articles