HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working

HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working

143 Reply
Re:HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working
2023-10-14 17:54:06 - last edited 2023-10-14 17:54:38

@Kestrel and @ALK0

Try with the ax50 firmware 1.0.13 Build 20230907 rel.67739(4555).

Been through the days and so far without problems

You have the link here: https://static.tp-link.com/upload/firmware/2023/202309/20230927/Archer%20AX50(EU)_V1_230907.zip

Options
2023-10-15 05:39:49

@Javilonas 

Thank you for the helpful suggestion. The firmware link seems to be for the EU region. I'm in the US, and when I click on the 'check for upgrade' button in my router's System Tools / Firmware upgrade page, it says 'your firmware is up to date'.

@Sunshine can you confirm my firmware '1.0.13 Build 20230906 rel.40682' is the latest for the AX50 in the US? It fixed the web filtering for a little while, but it's not working now.

Options
2023-10-19 08:46:28

@Kestrel 

Hi, the 1.0.13 Build 20230906 rel.40682 is currently the latest US version firmware available on US site, however, upon checking with our support engineers, the newer firmware mentioned by Javilonas actually works for both EU and also US version AX50, and it is not available on the cloud, thus your router cannot detect it when checking for update via the router web interface.

So you could try downloading and updating the newer firmware manually and check if it solves the problem, if not, please provide more details about the parental control issues, such as which website cannot be blocked, and other features like bedtime etc. are still working or not.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-19 08:47:43

@CubeRaiser 

Thanks a lot for the update, and I have updated the first post to add Archer C3150 in the list.

CubeRaiser wrote

Update for the c3150 popup up last night. Parental controls seem to work again. Thx!!! Better add the c3150 to the available firmwares on the first post

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-27 22:43:56
"New firmware 1.5.2 Build 20230908 Rel. 32942 is available" NO actually, it IS NOT AVAILABLE From the app: "Your Deco Home Wi-Fi System is currently up-to-date. Enjoy!" ...yet I'm on 1.5.0 NOT 1.5.2 I'd use the web portal interface, but of course at least for my X60...ABSOLUTELY NO FIRMWARE IS AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD WHATSOEVER!?! This may be the last straw really. Deco has proven itself to be such a complete disaster in every possible way it's hard to even pick a top failure. Is it the absolutely awful and painfully limited app? Is it the neutered web interface that doesn't even do half of what the app can do? Or is it that devices can't move from one node to the next, instead they just show full bars and yet can't xfer anything until you completely stop/start the device's wifi connection again? Is it the annoying as hell "test connection" notification spam that can't be turned off w/o disabling all notifications because the app is bugged? Or is it COMPLETELY BREAKING parental control feature without warning or notice even once you identified it? Or is it the fact you can't even release the fix properly so it's basically still an open fing bug? Is it that it took me days of debugging and internet searching to finally track down VVTF was going on because the app is so god awful that it's hard to figure out if I had something misconfigured or if the router really was just BROKEN? Who knows. Deco is ABSOLUTE TRASH. May this serve as a warning to others: RUN to ANY other mesh system, none of them could possibly be any worse.
Options
2023-10-30 03:26:05

@Zenin 

Hi, is your Deco X60 V2 US version or EU version? I double checked official website and the new firmware is indeed available.

For US version: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-x60/v2/#Firmware

For EU version: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/deco-x60/v2/#Firmware

Options
2023-10-30 18:00:13

@Sunshine I am having the same issue on my AX53.

Please can this be included in the list and treated as important.

I am suddenly just getting a "Fail" message in Tether when I try to load Parental Controls. The kids profiles have completely disappeared.

Thanks

Options
2023-10-31 03:54:35

@JPBrand 

Hi, Archer AX53 is not HomeCare model, thus the issue would be different from this thread.

Regarding the issue you mentioned, if you restart the Tether App, will the kids profile reappear? and will it work if you create the kids profile again?

If there is still any problem, it is recommended to start a new thread and provide more details, thanks in advance.

Options
2023-11-02 02:46:15

@Sunshine I had to go through support to get it sorted out.  My hardware version is 1.6.  The (broken?) download page requires you select your exact firmware version.  Select v1.6 and there's no firmware to download of any version whatsoever.

Support ultimately directed me to use the v1 hardware option and use that firmware.  Nevermind the literally red warning telling me I'd a) void the warrenty by using a mis-matching hardware version and b) could damage the device itself.

So it's a just another massive fail by TP-Link.  If all "1.x" hardware is to be treated the same, the downloads tool should only have one catchall option for "1.x".  Or if there's some specifics that 1.6 needs to cover, the v1 firmware that's used on v1.6 hardware too, should be listed on the 1.6 page for download.

But I'm ultimately glad I went down this rabbit hole because I also discovered along the way that
TP-Link's adult-content filtering doesn't work AT ALL
and hasn't for months if not years.  No firmware bug fixes it as it's apparently just a massive fail on TP-Link's part.  And when I say doesn't work I'm not saying it misses some obscure adult sites, I'm saying it literally doesn't work at all and misses even the biggest p sites on the internet including p hub. -I'd use the actual words, but apprently this form's filtering works a hell of a lot better than their "Content for age 0-7" filtering.

So, so many complete screw ups from hardware to software to support to cloud services.  Absolute s show from start to finish.  I'll never buy another TP-Link product of any kind ever again.

Options
2023-11-02 02:53:28

@Sunshine  Archer 3150 V2  

Statistics does not work, it does not record data. It does not save anything in the history of visited sites, therefore I cannot control what my children use. I don't know what the problem is but I need a solution or I will change brands.

Please I want to know if there will be a solution

Options
Related Articles