Does deco do a unit with a wireless range of 20m ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-07 05:45:13

I am looking for a unit which can deliver a 20m radius (1260 sq m of coverage). Outdoors preferably. (I note that the one outdoor unit only covers 230 sq m). I have a trio of M9's at present. Would really like to stay with Deco as they have been good so far.

Any likelihood that there is one on the horizon ?

I can make a non outdoor unit work if need be.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Does deco do a unit with a wireless range of 20m ?
2023-09-08 11:33:20

@lad337 

Hi, welcome to the community.

There is one Deco-Outdoor model-Deco X50-Outdoor.

It could join the current Mesh network of Deco M9 Plus.

The ideal setup would be to wire the Deco X50-Outdoor to the nearest Deco M9, such as:

It would be great if you already have a POE switch.

Wireless Backhaul is also acceptable but its speed and stability might be not as good as Ethernet Backhaul.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-09-08 11:54:19

@David-TP 

thanks for your reply. The specifications listed for this produce suggest somewhat less than 10m. If you take the coverage and calculate the radius for the specified coverage area it comes out at just a little over 8m radius from memory.

Hence my question.

it would be good if the specs not only stated coverage area but mentioned a radius or straight line clear air coverage.

Options
2023-09-08 12:00:38

@lad337 To flesh out my requirement, I have an outdoor location with power and could arrange a wired connection either vie network over power line or by running a network cable. The 3 existing decos are each in their own building. The 20m radius would mean overlapping coverage. 

there is also a TP-link Archer MR600 in the mix.

The objective is to bring network to another building for IOT devices located there.

Options
2023-09-11 02:23:56

@lad337 

Hi, Thanks for the further details.

The ideal wireless coverage of a single Deco X50 is about 2500 sq ft but it might vary in real situations.

Since all Deco units could create the same Mesh network with each other, if a single Deco X50-Outdoor is not able to cover the whole IOT building, you could add one more Deco unit wirelessly connected to Deco X50-Outdoor.

Or if you just want to get one unit, our Bussiness grade Access Point could also be a good choice, like Omada Access Point:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/omada-eap/#outdoor-ap

It also needs to be connected via an Ethernet cable and powered over a POE switch.

Best regards.

Options
2023-09-11 03:55:46 - last edited 2023-09-11 03:56:43

@David-TP from what I have read through these community pages the omada commercial unit won't form part of the mesh, funnily enough I was looking at them earlier today.

The area concerned is clear air with no line of sight obstructions. It is a shame that the specifications talk in terms of area coverage, the straight line data is also very useful, coverage area is virtually useless. 

Options