TP-Link AX50 Parental Controls do not work at all

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-08 06:29:48 - last edited 2023-09-11 03:52:51

Hi, I wanted to set a BedTime for some devices that are being used by my kids but the settings do not work at all.

I was experimenting first with my iPad that has only WiFi connection but even when I set the BedTime for the device from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM for both options (Sunday-Thursday and Friday-Saturday) this simply does not do anything. The Ipad works as if nothing happened. No limits appear.

I also tried to cut the internet connection completely by that "Pause/Play" button but this doesn't do anything either!

I also tried setting the Content filter to Child and then Pre-Teen and I was still able to visit XXX(adult content) sites - are you serious about what you are delivering?!!??

(btw it is great that it is not possible to type the p..n word here in the Forum because it is sensitive language, but my kids can easily access those pages using your devices that are being set to prevent them doing so. congratulations!!!)

Just to answer the obvious questions that I have seen in the forum

- Yes, the system time of the router is set correctly, even the timezone is set correctly

- Yes, the device is added in the profile and yes, the Mac address is correct

- I also tried rebooting the router after setting the controls

Is this feature supposed to work or is it there just for marketing purposes?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

Ondřej

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link AX50 Parental Controls do not work at all-Solution
2023-09-11 03:51:38 - last edited 2023-09-11 03:52:51

@Ondrej_Koller @alex59488 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

Indeed, we have been aware of the homecare function issue, and the QoS function issue is due to the same reason as the parental control since they are both homecare features, please pay attention to this thread for future update, once there is any update or solution, we will update the thread as soon as possible.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link AX50 Parental Controls do not work at all
2023-09-08 16:38:35 - last edited 2023-09-11 03:52:37

I agree with your opinion !

Unfortunately, the GX90/AX6600 I own now is in the same situation as you.

And even their QOS function can't work.

Options
Re:TP-Link AX50 Parental Controls do not work at all
2023-09-08 22:33:36 - last edited 2023-09-11 03:52:37

Update :

I try review the forum another about Parent Control page , I fuond the HomeCare Parental Control Suddenly Stopped Working this page, they dedicated team already know this issues then still need analysis.

Btw, they give you Temporary solution is use Access Control Blacklist to block you want limit device, unfortunately this function I can't use. I already use access control "whitelist" to control access my network devices and also with IP & MAC Binding to makesure my device security.

So, that meaning I can't use access control , so I try use the "Qos" function , to limit internet speed downgrade it, just only baisc access.(ex.just baisc brower web page, if load any media streaming ex.youtube will be slow or keep more time loading.)

Why do I find that QOS also has problems, because I have previously used this function to limit the bandwidth. SO, now I use it to limit, it didn't work. (access Network Traffic or your firewall log report.)

Options
Re:TP-Link AX50 Parental Controls do not work at all-Solution
2023-09-11 03:51:38 - last edited 2023-09-11 03:52:51

@Ondrej_Koller @alex59488 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

Indeed, we have been aware of the homecare function issue, and the QoS function issue is due to the same reason as the parental control since they are both homecare features, please pay attention to this thread for future update, once there is any update or solution, we will update the thread as soon as possible.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 826

Replies: 3

Related Articles