EX230v Disconnects Internet on PC Shutdown

2023-09-08 13:45:41
Tags: #EX230v
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.11.0 2.0.0 v606d.0 Build 220907 Rel.55683n

I moved from Virgin Media to Open FIbre a few months ago. As part of the move VM's Hub4 was replaced with a TP-Link EX230v. Since the majority of the wired devices at home are connected via a 16-port switch, it was as simple as disconnecting the VM box and connecting the OF one. My main PC was different as I connected it straight to the router to reduce ping and achieve a more stable connection.

However, we have a strange issue: Whenever I shut down my main PC or laptop, the internet connection is lost and we can't get back on for up to ten minutes. We've recently discovered that browsing the internet from my phone (wirelessly via a range extender) is enough to bring the connection back up and we can continue. I tried connecting my PC to the switch instead but this makes no difference. The laptop is connected over wifi.

All devices on the network use 192.168.0.1 for DHCP, and the only other thing of note is that both my PC and laptop run Apache for dev work. I don't host any public sites on them, so nothing is allowed in through the router. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this, or where I should look for further clues?

Options
3 Reply
Re:EX230v Disconnects Internet on PC Shutdown
2023-09-11 02:54:09

@DD70 

Hello, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

EX230v is a model customized for ISPs only, may I know if it was given by Open FIbre? If so, it is recommended to contact Open FIbre to report the issue.

Options
2023-09-11 08:21:31

@Sunshine Yes that's correct. I am in discussion with OF but they're as confused as I am. I thought I would check here in case the issue had cropped up before 

Options
2023-12-08 17:48:34

Ensure that your PC and laptop are not set to turn off the network adapter or enter a power-saving mode when shutting down. Sometimes, power-saving features can cause connectivity issues. Make sure that the network drivers on your main PC and laptop are up-to-date. Outdated drivers can sometimes lead to connectivity problems. Check if there are any firmware updates available for your TP-Link EX230v router. If there are updates, install them. Outdated firmware can lead to various issues. Make sure the firmware is compatible with your new Open Fibre connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 586

Replies: 3

Tags

EX230v
Related Articles