Wireguard client connects to the tunnel but does not ping local network IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-10 20:08:54
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

I can't ping any local network IP from the client connection

Wireguard Server

Wireguard Server PEER

Client Configuration

Client connect Status OK! 

Server Wireguard PEER Status Connetions OK!

Using the OpenVPN connection, I can ping the local network IPs from OpenVPNClient, but I want to do it with Wireguard, which is much faster than the OpenVPN connection.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Wireguard client connects to the tunnel but does not ping local network IP
2023-09-11 01:45:50

Hi @Bug_do_Ti 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Setup on the Windows OS peer is incorrect. AllowIPs is incorrect.

If you can take a sec to read this, would be helpful:

Configuration Guide How to Configure WireGuard VPN on Omada Controller

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-12 13:22:25

@Clive_A Thanks for the comment, but I've already done all the tutorials, but I can't ping any computer or device on the Wireguard server's local network

Options
2023-09-13 01:22:40

Hi @Bug_do_Ti 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Bug_do_Ti wrote

@Clive_A Thanks for the comment, but I've already done all the tutorials, but I can't ping any computer or device on the Wireguard server's local network

Then there is nothing I can do as I can verify the WireGuard is working on several test models I have. On ER605 V2 2.1.4 BETA and 2.1.2 public release.

If you cannot access it then it is your device issue. You should at least ping the WG interface IP to verify. If that's ping-able, your computer issue. Windows firewall, Network Diagnostics ICMP IPv4, is blocked by your firewall.

I've pointed out the error I can find. You've followed the tutorial but it does not mean you've done it right. I hope I can get cooperation and useful information for troubleshooting.

Good luck.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-16 19:14:21

@Bug_do_Ti

I redid the configuration according to my friend's tip

Peer Connect OK

Connection OK but I can't ping the local network IP 192.168.0.253 from the Wireguard client. But on the local network, pinging that IP works. Using L2TP VPN I can ping IP 192.168.0.253 from the local network, but not via Wireguard VPN.

Options
2023-09-18 06:00:12

@Bug_do_Ti 

did you set up the peer 10.0.0.1/24 as the peer allowed ip on er605? 

are you able to ping the 192.168.0.1? if yes, then it's your computer. if no, then it could be the allowed IP, not returning the icmp echo.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options